"The world will never know about us. You wanted to be my wife? Then within the walls of this house you and I will be husband and wife but beyond that I want nothing to do with you," he continued, "I won't touch you again. I promise you that."

"Why?" I asked through trembling voice.

Evan walked closer to me almost bumping into my chest. I hated that even after everything that happened, I still felt breathless by his proximity. There was an icy fury in his voice. His voice dropped an octave as he looked into my eyes. There was nothing but hate in his eyes.

"Because I wanted you to know what it feels like to be humiliated, Rose."

Silence enveloped us. The air was thick with tension. I mustered courage to look at my husband and found his eyes anywhere but on me. The memories were two years old, but they were still painful. Of course, a lot had changed in the months after that. Not only had he broken his promise to stay away from me but also slightly warmed towards me too. The change wasn't instantaneous but my resentment towards him had withered away. I wished I could hate him for what he did to me, but I was too weak to even do that.

The water from the bath had turned cold. I climbed out and let the cold air hit my bare body. The carpet on the floor dampened from the splashing water.

"Wait." He said after what felt like an eternity. He followed me when I stepped into the shower to rinse off the soap. I let him. The silence was deafening. I wished he'd at least yell at me for stirring up crap from the past. He turned on the shower and let the water warm up before urging me under the water. When I was cleaned, he switched our places and rinsed off himself. The sight was purely erotic. His body was hard all over and a delight to watch.

After long moments he spoke, "You're still mad at me."

"I'm not." I told him honestly.

"Rose."

His lips pressed into my temple and stayed there for a long time. I soaked up the possessive hold of his arms on my body. Evan was many things but he was also an enigma to me despite the years I'd known him.

"I couldn't stay away," he whispered inhaling my scent, "I need you more than my next breath." I knew that. Often, he'd shown me how vulnerable he was when it came to me. It was both flattering and frightening. He was a man used to getting what he wanted but even when he had me, he was afraid to lose me. I could live with the possessive nature, I could live with his obsessions but I couldn't stand him pretending that he didn't care about me.

"Then don't." Love me, I wanted to say.

"Never again." He kissed me so tenderly that my legs nearly gave out.

Evan deepened the kiss, and I submitted under the demands eager to be ravished by his mouth, his hands and to love him with the same passion. When we made love there was nothing beyond our bed. It felt like we could conquer every hurdle in our paths, and we could do it together.

I wanted to shove the painful memories into the back of my mind and never think about them again.

"Take me to bed." I whispered and he obeyed.

***

I tapped on his desk to draw Evan's attention who seemed to be engrossed in his computer. He had been in recluse shortly after we made love. He wore a plain cotton T-shirt and grey sweatpants that hung loosely over his waist. The drawstring of his pants was open and framed the package underneath which told me he was commando. Evan was sexy any time of the day, but I especially loved him when he was relaxed and comfortable at home. I had my tank top on and skintight leggings. I was feeling rebellious and wanted to tease him with the tight fitting of the fabric over my butt. He shot me a hungry look and I mentally triumphed.

"Come here, sweet Rose." He purred in his raspy sex voice.

I sat opposite him instead. The gift box I carried was small but very precious to me. I had to use my credit card to make the purchase, but it was worth every penny.

"I got you the anniversary present I told you about." His inquisitive gaze slid over the sleek box and then over me.

"You didn't have to get me anything. You are my greatest gift." Touched, I smiled and passed over the box to him.

"Now you will have something to think about me when I'm not with you."

"The only time I'll stop thinking about you is when I'll be dead." I had no doubt about that.

"Open it."

He unwrapped the gold silk ribbon and lifted the top part of the box. The lights caught the multi-hued diamonds of the ring and danced around. Their reflection across his face was just the sort of poetic romance I was crazy about. He sucked in a sharp breath as he fingered the platinum. Our wedding date was inscribed on the inner side.

"I love you." I expressed my emotions once more. Evan consistently wore his wedding band, but this ring symbolized my unwavering love and commitment to him despite his flaws. It marked a significant milestone in our relationship.

The ring slid onto his finger effortlessly, proudly displaying the emblem of my affection.

"Do you like it?" I asked, my heart fluttering with anticipation. I hoped he would appreciate the sentiment behind it. The fear lingered that he might dismiss the word "love," attaching little importance to it. But in that moment, all I wanted was for him to accept this tangible promise of forever.

When his face turned stoic, I knew I had made a big mistake. I had ruined it.

Not wanting to bear any more embarrassment I pushed my chair behind me and stood up and chased the door.

"Rose, wait." I didn't stop when he called out my name. I was running out, not knowing where I was going. "Stop running." He snapped. Evan grabbed me by the waist and pulled me back to his chest. The action instantly calmed the riot of emotions within me. The pressing length of his erection on the curve of my butt expressed his unwavering need for me.

"I liked the ring."

"You hate it. You hate me. I can see it on your face."

"It is not hate you see on my face. I cannot hate you or your gift. It's my most precious belonging. I was," he paused and let out a harsh breath, "I was aroused. I am grateful to you. Let me show you how much."

I stilled when he slid his hand inside my leggings and found me wet and dripping. His other hand was cupping my breast. "You are wet for me."

"Yes." I moaned. He slid a finger over the sensitive bundle of nerves and flicked in gently.

"How do you want me to thank you, sweet Rose? Do you want me on my knees, with my mouth on your precious cunt? Do you want my fingers inside you? My cock?" He demonstrated by slipping one lubed finger inside me and everything inside me contracted.

"Tell me." He purred in my ear.

"On your knees, with your mouth between my legs." I instructed. His lips parted to let out a sound of contentment.

"Ah, one of the greatest joys of my life."

Evan pressed me against the flat wall and carefully got me out of my clothes. He remained in his sweatpants but afforded me the pleasure of watching his bare chest and rippling muscles of his hard body. Sinking to his knees, he watched me with burning passion and lust just as his lips placed a small kiss on my mound. My chest heaved with excitement. The sight of him on his knees was going to be the source of all my wet dreams for years to come.

With a determined passion he darted out his tongue and licked the bare flesh. A cry escaped my mouth and I immediately attempted to close my thighs, but he held them firmly apart. "Let me take care of you." He murmured.

He did for the rest of the night.

Follow me on Instagram @authoreval for more. While you wait for Chapter 18 head over to my profile and read my latest book Dangerous Illusion

Vote
Comment
& Share