Avian AU

Life had always been the same for Jeremy. Eat, sleep, survive, and most importantly, hide. He had escaped from the clutches of those who looked at him as a freak, a genetic phenomenon, or both. He was able to run into the woods and survive off basic instinct, and of course, his ability to fly. He had wings very similar to a seagull's, dark grey into light on top with a snowy underbelly. Today, however, he needn't to worry about food supply, since he had found a dying doe near a riverbank, something he was sure he would be able to live off for a few days. He stretched his wings out to their full capacity and sunbathed peacefully.
"This is the life," he thought to himself. He hadn't known anything better than the limitless freedoms that came with being in the world unnoticed. His very rare session of relaxation came to an abrupt end when he heard crying in the distance. He perked up and followed the sound, until coming across a taller boy in a red hoodie skipping stones, tears still in his eyes. He wanted to approach the stranger, but his common sense kept him in the shadows.
"Fucking Rich! He chose Jake over me..How could he?!" He chocked back a sob. Jeremy didn't even have the slightest idea of human heartbreak, but he could tell that it hurt, apparently a lot. He left the safety of hiding in hopes of comforting the poor soul he had stumbled across.
"H-Hey.." he grabbed Michael's attention only to have him stumble back a little.
"God, how high am I?" Michael laughed a little as Jeremy became confused.
"Trust me, I'd look the this way from any elevation."
"What?" Michael asked. "No, I meant high as in marijuana- never mind. I'm not tainting someone as precious as you with my bad habits. Come sit, bird boy." He patted to a patch of grass on the ground next to him. Jeremy sat down, letting his wings sprawl out.
"Can I touch them?" Michael asked. "Y-Your wings."
Jeremy laughed. "Here." He extended his right wing and let Michael stroke it once or twice.
"Its so soft!" Michael's eyes lit up like a child's.
Jeremy blushed a little. "That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about them."
"What do you mean? These are absolutely stunning!"
"When I was little, my parents didn't want me, so they gave me up to science," Jeremy explained."I was experimented on, being pickled and preserved. Each day I would be greeted with a different way to feel pain. So I ran away. And I hid here. I haven't talked to anyone since I was nine, you being the first." Jeremy didn't know why, but he felt tears begin to well up in his eyes. "Is this what you humans call sadness?"
"I can't tell your feelings for you dude, but it looks like it. Do you need a place to stay? My parents are never home, I could totally hide you in my basement."
"....what is a 'basement?' Jeremy asked, confused.
"A part of a house. You have so much left to learn," Michael laughed.
"Is this 'basement' in this 'house' mean I can stop running?" Jeremy asked excitedly.
"Yes, it does. Follow me." Michael took Jeremy's hand, leading him out of the woods.
"Is this what humans call 'Love at First Sight?" Jeremy wondered to himself.