Ch. 10 Still a cat..

Start from the beginning

"Leave already. I have to go meet up with someone, you all have work to do." I said putting on my favorite fur lined jacket.

"I have the next month off, Toms on vacation. Where you go I go, why do you have so many threats?" Shizu-chan said. I should have known he'd go through my drawer, oh well. Shinra and Celty shrugged and said they were free.

I sighed, movements were heard outside my door and I reached into my jacket for a few blades. I unlocked the door and hurriedly jumped back. Three guns shot off in front of me. I dodged each one and threw my knives at them, knocking them out. I then reached over and called room service.
"Hi it's me again. Those three gunshots are from robbers in my room, pick them up if you could. Yes again, it's not my fault they always come to get me. Yes I know it's only Wednesday and you've had to pick up thirty. Their just jealous of me, I can't help it. I have to go though, so pick them up. Bye bye." I then continued on my way as if nothing happened. It didn't, of course effect me, not anymore.

As I got closer to Shikis, the bad feeling in my stomach grew worse. Of course I also noticed three persistent annoying people failing at tailing me, except Celty.

I arrived at me and Shikis meeting place. Those under him seemed nice, but only by meets the eye standards. I always hear them talk about me behind my back, but it doesn't bother me. I can't let stuff like that stop me from doing things, I let that stuff slide long ago.

Shiki on the other hand was nice to me. He was an aqantance that was concerned in a business way. He was almost like a friend, but far from it at the same time. "Hello Shiki, I got the information you want right here. It wasn't hard or dangerous, but fun. So what's this new job?" I said handing him a file. I like getting right to the point, I don't like beating around the bush.

"Straight to the point as always I see. I also see that I can count on you to always be ready for a call. This information would have taken anyone else weeks to collect. Anyway the next thing isn't exactly a job. This guy was asking about someone who resembles you. I had my people try to dig things up about him, but they didn't get much.

They mostly got the fact that he's very dangerous. Almost as dangerous as Shizuo Heiwajima. I'd try not to get involved with anything involving him. I would hate to lose an old business partner who does his job well." He said handing me a very thin file. See what I mean, you'd think we were friends if not for the business part. "Well done Shiki. I'll try, but you know me, always getting into dangerous things. Oh, and don't worry you won't lose me to anyone. I'm quite hard to pin down you know, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to survive this life and Shizu-chan. Well, see you Shiki. Call me if you have any more jobs I can help you with." With that I left.

I continued to ignore the pests until I got back to my apartment. They forced their way inside and just stared at me. Oh well, might as well start digging stuff up on this guy. As soon as I saw the picture though, the blood drained from my face. It was a very familiar name, one of the few true vampire hunters left that fought anything that wasn't human. I hated this particular family, they were scientists and cruel.

"What's wrong, you look pale. Who is it?" Shinra said grabbing the file. Then Shadow appeared and answered with a voice I no longer had. "A very skilled Vampire Hunter. That family is cruel and relentless. Apparently he was asking questions about Izaya." He was met with open mouths and I got up to make myself some tea.

As I took the kettle off the stove I felt a hand on my shoulder. Instincts kicked in and I threw the hot water at them along with some knives at their vital points. My mind hadn't processed who it was that touched me, but when I turned around in flight or fight mode I say two people.