The Road to Temes.

Start from the beginning

"Go Xyfare, go." Elwood whispered to his horse.

Elle looked back again and yelled. "Come on slow poach!"

Excitement thrived in Elle the most as they got to a blind corner. Sliding around it all of a sudden the road was no longer empty. A horse and carriage headed straight towards them. A black Shire horse pulled the carriage driven by a frail man. The unexpected turn sent shock through Elle as she tried hard to stop Quest from colliding with the black carriage. Quest neighed with fright and stood up on her hind legs knocking Elle to the ground.

The carriage driver pulled a sour face, "Crazy youngsters, get off the roads if you're not going to use em properly." he yelled.

Elle tried to get up but her back was in pain from the fall. Elwood managed to avoid the carriage after hearing the event. He ran over to Elle and kneeled beside her.

"Are you okay?" He asked worried out of his mind.

"Yeah, yeah just a fall." Elle replied in a aching voice.

"How can you be okay after that?"

They looked at each other and Elle started laughing, Elwood caught on too.

"Just help me up." Elle said still laughing while she pulled out her hand to Elwood.

He gladly grabbed it and pulled her off the ground while he stood up. He then dusted of the dirt from his black pants. Elle's dress was ruined by the dirt she picked up. She whipped most of it off after extensively brushing her hands over the soft fabric. The two of them got back up on their horses and continued down the road with little talk.

Afternoon came and went. They were getting tired so they decided to stop. Elwood found a good place to camp for the night in the forest. Elle didn't do much of the camp set up apart from lighting the fire. Elwood knew a lot about the woods and how to survive. Then night came and the fire lit their space. A tent enough for two was set up by Elwood and sat near the campfire.

They each sat on a log with the orange flame separating them. The wonderful flame illuminated Elle's face and danced in her eyes showing her Elven beauty.

"I have sausages I can cook." Elle said breaking the silence.

Elwood rubbed his hands together. "Good I'm starving but I hope it doesn't attract wolves or anything alike."

"Wolves." Elle said worried. "Are there many around?"

"There are quite a lot of tracks around here so I'd say so."

"Great but I was looking for.. not many, don't worry." Elle said sarcastically.

Elwood glared at her for a while and didn't reply. Elle got out her pan and set it carefully atop the lit branches. She put four sausages into the pan and they sizzled. The meaty aroma filled the air. When the sausages were done Elle took them off the heat and onto the ground. She threw a fork at Elwood seizing his attention.

"No plate?" Elwood said.

Elle rolled her eyes "Man up!"

Stabbing the sausages with the forks straight from the metal pan they ate the meal.

"So," Elwood said. "you never told me what your business was."

"Neither did you," Elle said. "and I asked first."

"True, If I tell you mine will you tell me yours?"

"Sure, It's a deal."

"I'm just a hunter and a traveler. I'm going to Temes to meet up with other Rangers to hunt some Tavag that are said to have somehow come around these parts."