4. Memories of Trash Land

Jessica's Pov

So the kiss I just shared was amazing. It was long overdue. I finally can say that I got over my stupid ex-boyfriend. Mason, you honestly saved my dignity.

"Woah."

He smirked and then his phone started to ring. He checked it and rolled his blue eyes.

"Shit. I have to take this."

I nodded my head, and he got up. I was sitting on the couch by myself. I'm generally okay with it.

FlashBack

We kissed on his old couch, sitting in his room. His messy room that we just destroyed. How can a couple do that? All we did was strip naked. That's it. It's not like we were fighting or anything. All we did was pretty much tear each other's clothes off.

"Holy shit Jess. You are perfect. You know that, right?"

I have my biggest corniest smile on. Boy, do I love my Jacky or Jack. He is a massive jock at school. It's been three months since we started dating. I am comfortable to be in this situation with him. Of course, he is the biggest football guy in our school—the starter quarterback for the varsity team as a junior. I am a sophomore, and my life is perfect the way it is.

I nodded my head and grinned. I got on top of his lap and moved my hips back and forth.

"Holy shit, Jess."

He laid his head back. I then heard a small growl from his throat. He wanted this.

Flash Back Ends

"Hey, you with us. Little girl?"

I blinked a few times. I am madly disgusted with myself for even remembering that. That was a terrible time of my life.

I looked into the guy's deep brown eyes. Who is this person? He has brown hair that was long enough to go into his eyes. He had tattoos all over his arms and his neck. This man is kind of scary-looking—Intmadating and slightly attractive. I mean not saying Mason isn't like a 100 out of a ten, but still.

I shifted my body away from him. I don't know him. Yet again, I didn't really know Mason, and here I am. In his house. Kissing him.

"I should probably leave."

He nodded and got out of my way. I got off the couch and walked up into the next room. I turned the corner and was met with Patrick's grip stopping me from running into him. Apparently, I have no sense of direction.

I am kind of dazed for a couple seconds.

"Wow. You shouldn't be leaving here yet. Not without protection."

"When did you turn into a security guard?"

"A while ago."

"Then, can you please take me home."

"Fine. But Mason is taking you. I have something I need to take care of."

"What?!"

"Don't worry. He will be the best bet anyway."

I'm so confused. Didn't Pat just say that he was my guard? He wants Mason to take me home? What got into him. I really did miss something here. Mason grabbed my hand, and then we left. Why is Mason more eligible to take me home? This neighborhood can't be that bad. Wait, I'm on the wrong side of Chicago. Never mind.

"So address is what."

"31st Street. Just drop me off on the corner."

He nodded his head. The drive was long. We stopped, but it wasn't anywhere near 31st street. It's near a hotel. He got out and walked over to my said. What the hell is he doing?

He opened the door and let me get out.

"Um, where are we?"

"At an exceptional place to me."

I smiled. I didn't know what was going on. This is a special place?

"Listen if your thinking we are going in there to do the dirty your wrong. I just have to grab something. Okay."

"Yea. Okay."

We walked into the door. I looked around and saw the inside of this fancy hotel. It reminds me of Jack. I looked down at the floor and just tried to distract myself from any of my thoughts on him. He broke my heart. I know teenagers don't know what it's like to be in love, but I do. I truly loved Jack. He was my first kiss; he took my virginity and then said goodbye. I guess that happens when you're with a giant school player. I'm so stupid.

"You good back there?"

"What? Oh, Yea. Flying colors with good."

I looked back at the floor and just started to follow him to the elevator. My mind shouldn't even be on him. It was over the summer when he broke me. We were six months into our relationship, and the next thing I know, he is giving back my stuff and vise versa.

"So, where are you from," Mason asked.

"Me. Oh, I'm from Texas." I replied.

"Sounds cool," Mason said.

"And your from?"

"New York. I lived in a city near Buffalo."

He nodded, and then the elevator dinged, letting us know that we reached the right floor.

"You coming?"

"Yea."

I walked out of the elevator and chuckled to my self. I thought to myself as the patterns of the floor look faintly familiar.

Flash Back- Jessica

"Right on floor three."

I smiled and held his hand even harder. I felt something was going down tonight. I'm happy I truly am. Who would want me dead for that?

"Hello, Mr. Amman."

"Hello, Mrs. Fisher."

The woman walked by with a puppy and a black purse—a man behind her.

He opened the front door of his place and then smashed his lips against mine. He kicked the door shut and deepened the kiss by pulling me closer, although there wasn't much closer to get. I felt him. I needed him. I guess my life is just adventurous right now. Right.

"Are you sure, Jess?"

"Yes. I'm ready."

He started to pull my shirt up.

End Flash Back

"Jess, you all right?"

I nodded while looking down at the floor. Mason unlocked his door and invited me inside. Wow, what a surprise. It's just a room, Jessica. You should be able to handle this Shit by now. I think I felt a teardrop. Shit. I don't need this. He lifted my chin and wiped the tear away. He then pulled me into a tight hug.

I rolled my eyes, and that is when Patrick walked up behind us.

"Oh, god. I hope I'm not interrupting anything that my innocent eyes can't take. Oh, I don't approve of this. By the way."

"Pat, you're not even that innocent. Stop acting like it." Mason demanded as he smirked.

I blushed very dramatically and looked back down at the floor. All he did was hug me. Why is Patrick even here? I thought he had some stuff to do.

"What. No, I was simply grabbing something. God Pat. What's wrong with you?"

He looked down and started to laugh.

"Guys, it's already five, and I really have to get home."

Patrick grabbed my hand and rushed me home. Gabby was sitting on the steps and watched me get out of the car. Her hands cupping her face. It's her fault, but I still feel bad.

I laughed a little as I walked up to the front door. I feel so terrible about how I was supposed to take her home.

She lifted her head from her hands and just sighed.

"Let's go for a walk."

"Okay."