Chapter 32: Tears and Terror

Me and Carl run down the long, twisting hallway, and Negan's shouts echo throughout the building.

We could be next. What if we were?

They were the precise thoughts going through my head, we run out of the doors and end up back outside to where the group was standing, waiting for us to return.

"Run! Jump the fucking gates!" I shout.

"Why?" Tyreese asks.

"Negan killed Glenn." I say, and can feel a lump form in my throat, Glenn. He loved the adrenaline, the rush, the feel running from danger gave you, but the bastard took his life.

Why do we trust so easily. Why did we trust them so easy.

'Safe Zone', kinda gives the impression of a happiness, a haven, somewhere to survive.

"He did..what?" Maggie said, I could see she was going to break down and just cry. I could see it deep in her eyes.

When we caught up to where the group was standing, they began to run with us, and the gates blocking the outside world out from here edged ever so closer. As we approached them, we leaped onto a crate holding ammo, and leaped the gate.

"Ashleigh, Lauren, Carl, Mika, Carol..." Rick said, checking we had all made it out.

"Get in the truck!" Daryl shouts, being the final one to jump over the gate after collecting some extra ammo.

We run desperately to the truck, panting, heavily breathing.

We all jump in the back, as Rick and Daeyl jump in the front, starting the engine.

"Drive! Drive!" Rosita says, banging the back of the driver chasee signalling for Rick to push the gas pedal as hard as he can.

"Glenn." Maggie whispers, rocking back and forth.

"You know he loved you didn't you?" Beth says, wrapping Maggie in a tight, meaningful hug.