Chapter 15: Sacrifice

Carls POV:

"Terminus is full of cannibals." That phrase echoed around my head endlessly.

How did Lauren know? She said Terminus wasn't the best place to live, but I didn't think cannibalism was going to be the main theme here.

"How do we get out?" I ask.

No one answered, it was as if we were frozen. We didn't speak, all we heard was our breathing, no words.

"I'm infected." Tyreese says, standing up.

"We're all infected. When we die, we all tu-" Rick begins to speak, but Tyreese swiftly cuts him off.

"No. I've got a scratch. From a walker. It's taking it's time to infect me." He says, his eyes trailing along the carriage floor.

"No. Tyreese you're not. Don't be stupid, it's probably a scratch from a thorn or something. Please don't leave me." Sasha says, her eyes teary, rushing to his side.

"I know what I could do." Tyreese says.

"You're not being their main course." I say.

"I won't be. The scratch will." He says, pulling a soft smile.

Lauren POV:

Tyreese is willing to sacrifice himself, for our benefit. Is he a crazy son of a bitch?

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Trust me." He simply replies, taking a step forward and banging on the door.

"Hey! Let me out! I've got something you want!" Tyreese shouts, kicking and punching the door.

The door pulls open, and the blinding light fills the carriage.

"What do you want?" Gareth asks.

"What you want. Are you hungry?" Tyreese asks.

Gareth turns and looks at the residents of terminus, and they nod.

"Come on then." Gareth says. As Tyreese steps down from the carriage.

"Tyreese no! Don't do this!" Sasha says running out of the carriage, and shaking Tyreese.

"Trust me. I promise this will work." He says.

Sasha was placed on Gareth's shoulder and led back to the carriage. She kicked and fussed, hitting his back, but he took no notice. He throws her back into the carriage, and slams the door.

"Get your knives out of your boots." I say.

"We don't have any weapons." Abraham says.

"You may not, but we do." I say, pulling my knife, and gun out of my boots.

"There going to feel stupid when they find out." Rick says.

"Find out what?" Glenn asks.

"Their fucking with the wrong people." Rick says.