Chapter 6: On The Road

"I have to know if he's alive." I say, and no more discussion followed after that. We knew what we had to do. Go to Terminus.

"Let's go." Rick says

We begin the walk to Terminus, and the more signs we saw, the closer I presume we got.

"Holy shit." Tyreese says, running to a wall, with words written in blood. A dead, dissected walker lays infront of the wall, it looked some something you'd puke up.

'Glenn, go to terminus. Maggie, Sasha, Bob.'

"Sasha. Sasha! She's alive." Tyreeses fingers hover a over her name, as he touches the blood.

"It's damp, this must have been written at least a few hours ago, maybe not even that." Tyreese says, picking up pace.

"Who are they?" I ask Carl.
"Sasha's Tyreeses sister, Glenn and Maggie are engaged and Bobs a member of our group, we'll they all are." He says, wobbling as he tries to balance on the train track, likewise with Michonne.

"Wait..what are you doing?" I say laughing, as Michonne shouts Carls name trying to get him to lose balance.

"Winning a bet." Carl says.
"In your dreams." Michonne competitively replied.
I thought it was best to say silent, let them 'concentrate.'

I walk over to Mika, and try and keep her company. "You okay?" I ask, and she turns to face me.
"Yeah, I miss Lizzie though." She simply says, concentrating on the track beneath her feet.
"I do to, I'm sorry that we all lost her."
Mika didn't respond.

"Hey! Look, an old car garage. We can stay here the night, we need to rest." Rick says, getting his gun out and shooting an incoming walker.

It wobbled, and limped, and I've never closely looked at a walker. Hair greasy, and knotted, their faces dry and cracked, skin peeling.

Rick shoots his gun, and the bullet goes through her head, as she crashes to the hard, damp ground.

"Come on." Carol says.

Rick slides open the door, and inside sits old, wrecked cars, we'll not cars, more like trucks.

"I bugsy the back of this truck, me and Mika will share." I say, leaping onto the back of the truck.

It rustles and creaks, but I think it's strong enough to support us.

As I look up to the roof, I notice a metal panel missing, revealing the glowing yellow sun, which shines down onto us, illuminating the lifeless garage.

"We're gonna need to keep warm, with that panel missing, the cold air will just blow straight in." I say, jumping back off the trunk, searching for wood or anything that will burn.

"We can't just make a fire in the middle of the floor, it'll spread." Carl says.
"We'll lets find something to burn a fire in, yeah?" I reply sarcastically.

We search around the garage, until a see a oil cylinder, emptied and filled with paper and junk.

"We can use this." I say, rolling the cylinder to the middle of all the cars.

"Let's get some wood, come on Carl, you're with me." Rick says, walking over to the door with a rucksack in his back.

"Let's find some matches." I say, rummaging through drawers and shelves.

I find a lighter, cigarettes and one condom. Ew, I don't even want to know what happened in some of these cars.

I shoved everything next to barrel, and we await Rick and Carls return.
• • •