the first time Camila's body has two hearts.

Depuis le début

"So, how did it go?" Dinah asked

"Good."

"Just good?"

"Like, do you want me to explain the whole process of the things that had happened in there and-- "

"Um, no, nevermind. Let's get something to eat, I'm starving."

"Aren't you always?"

"Rude."

Lauren's very good at reading people, she likes to observe people in her free time, she brags about that being one of the things she's the best at. And she really is great at it.

But Camila, you see, Camila has been her best friend since she was five years old and has spent almost all of her life getting to know Lauren and how her mind works. She knows how to hide things from Lauren, how to make her think that she guessed something when really Camila kept giving her cues. Lauren's a pro at reading people, and she's a pro at reading Camila, when Camila wants to be read.

This time however, she doesn't. 

She manages to keep things hidden, to keep them a secret. 

On rare occasions when Lauren is present for her morning sickness, she blames it on too much food she had last night, or on the fact that she had too many wine(really, it was just cranberry juice in a wine bottle), so Lauren doesn't think much of it.

She doesn't think much of the fact that Camila has some weird cravings, no matter what time it is, because like, it's not once that Camila woke her up in the middle of an hour because she wanted to eat something weird, like banana bread with peanut butter and bacon, or pizza with M&M's, like really?

And lately, Camila's been really clingy, but then again, Camila has always been clingy with Lauren. 

So, no, Lauren doesn't suspect a thing about Camila having another tiny human to be inside of her belly.

Like, not even when it kind of starts to show, because Camila never works out and she eats like a maniac, so Lauren just shrugs it off, happy that her wife finally gained a few pounds.

"I'm so nervous." Camila whispers to Dinah who is sitting next to her

They're having Christmas' Eve dinner at Cabello's place and everyone is there. Like, literally everyone. Cabello's Christmas party tend to be big, like huge.

"When are you gonna tell her?"

"When the clock hits midnight."

"Like in front of everyone or?"

"No, I'll drag her upstairs, I think it'd be too much to tell her in front of everyone, ya know?"

"Yeah, for sure."

And then, the clock hits midnight and once Camila is done wishing everyone a very merry Christmas, she walks over to her wife.

"Hey wifey." 

Lauren smiles at her and pulls her in for a kiss. "Hello love, merry Christmas."

"Do you have a moment? I want to give you your present."

"Camila," Lauren groans "which part of no gifts did you not get?"

"Just come with me upstairs."

"Ooh," Lauren smirks "it's that kind of a gift, okay. Lead the way m'lady."

"Such a perv, it's not that kind of a gift."

And then, a few moments later, they're sitting on Camila's childhood bed, and Camila is playing with a tiny box.

"Open it."

Lauren looks at her as she takes the box.

Inside, lost among all those baby blue confetti lays a necklace with a locket, shaped as a circle, the sun and the moon decorating it.

"It's beautiful."

"I saw it a few weeks ago in one of those old bookstores where they sell everything and anything. If you find the right guy, you can put pictures in it."

"Do you know how many pictures of you I have that I want to put in it?" Lauren jokes "Like, fuck Camz, you're so beautiful."

"Open it. I-- I've already put pictures in it. Hopefully, you'll like them. It's too late to change it now." Camila replies as she touches her own belly

Her eyes never leave Lauren as the older girl opens the locket and takes a look at the pictures.

The picture on the left is the picture from their wedding, it's a candid picture that none of them knew is being take, they're looking at each other as if they're looking at the most beautiful and most precious possession, which they kind of are; the second picture, the one on the right is the one that makes Lauren cry. It's a picture from the ultra-sound Camila got a few days ago. It's small and you can barely recognize it, but Lauren knows.

Camila watches as Lauren's fingers trace over the picture before she turns around and pulls Camila in for a gentle kiss, followed by a tight hug.

"When?"

"When is the due date?" Camila asks

"Yeah."

"Somewhere in May."

"I love you, so fucking much." Lauren says as she plants another kiss on Camila's lips

"I love you too." Camila lets out a giggle

Lauren's reaction is so priceless.

"And I love you too." Lauren adds as she leans down and lifts up Camila's shirt to press a kiss to her belly "Actually, we both do."

She looks up at Camila, a special light in her emerald eyes, the same light Camila has in her own eyes.

"We?" Camila lets out a shaky breath

"We." Lauren nods "I had my first appointment on the first."

"And suddenly, my heart beats for three." Camila smiles

"We're gonna go crazy, aren't we?"

"We've gone crazy long time ago, my love."

"As long as we're crazy together." Lauren replies before planting another kiss on Camila's lips

Camila smiles as she pulls the older girl down on the bed, where they lie in comfortable silence until they both fall asleep with smiles on their face,

Because, they know. They know that no matter how crazy it gets, they can do it all, as long as they have each other.