the first time that home is both a person and a place for Camila.

(A lil something tokeep you occupied while I write a new domestic!Camren one-shot.)

The past year was incredibly hard on Camila.

She was doing her best to keep her grades high, have social life, work at the grocery store to save up some money and eep a healthy relationship with Lauren.

On more occasion than one, the young Latina had breakdowns that would result in Dinah coming over and hugging her tightly.

But now, she knew all of her worries are over.

Well, kind of. She applied for college and although she was sure she's going to get it, she was still a bit nervous about it.

Diane picks her up on Saturday morning so they can go to the mall and buy some new summer clothes.

"Who are you texting? You've been on your phone like the whole day."

"Friend from work." Diane shrugs

"Okay, well they can fuck off because I can't decide which bikini to buy and I need your help."

Diane locks her phone and puts it into the back pocket. "Fine, but after this, we're getting chicken nuggets and then going back to your place."

Camila's eyes light up at the mention of chicken nuggets and she grins at her cousin. "Deal."

It's an hour later when they finally park in front of Camila's house, only to find that no one's home.

"Maybe you should put the bags in your room, uncle Ale will flip when he sees you've spent so much." Diane says as she puts the food on the table

"Good idea. I'll be right back, don't eat all of my food."

"Not making any promises." Diane shrugs as Camila walks upstairs

It's only a few moments when the older Latina hears her cousin screaming and smiles to herself before leaving the house.

On the upper floor of the house, Camila is hugging tightly her girlfriend.

"Holy fuck, I've missed you so fucking much." Camila mumbles into Lauren's neck

"I've missed you more. I swear, those past months have been killing me."

Although college wasn't that far away; with Camila's job and Lauren's job and studies, neither of the girls managed to get from their place to her girlfriend's place for almost two months.

"Are you done with classes?"

"Yeah, I have to go there to take a few more exams but I'm here for a week before going and then I'll spend a week and a half there and then I'm back here, officially."

"That's not too bad I guess." Camila pouts

"No, but guess what?"

"Hm?"

"Can you sit down?"

"Lauren, I swear if you break up with me – "

"I won't."

"—or tell me that you've cheated on me— "

"I barely had time to take a proper nap, when would I cheat on you?"

"Fine, so what is it?"

"Those past few months of me being away were really hard for us. Not only because we are romantically together but also because as best friends we've never been apart for so long. It hurt. It kept breaking my heart and it kept breaking your heart. That's over now. From now on, I promise I'm not gonna let you go for more than ten days."