Chapter 9

I waddle with opening the door but after five minutes I do it.

„You can sleep in the guest room." I tell Matt on our way up the stairs. I open the door for him, while Abby walks in my room. „There should be everything needed." I point to the bed. He's just standing at the door, leaning on the door frame and staring at me. „So goodnight." I step out and want to pass by him. Matt catches my wrist and pulls me to him. I look up to him. We're so close that our breaths mix, and I'm already out of my breath. Then he slowly leans to my face and lays his lips on mine. Softly and slowly, as he's afraid of hurting me. I open up my lips and let him in. He grabs my waist and gently pushes me against the door frame. I hook my arms behind his neck and he trails his hand to my tights. After a while we pull out to catch a breath and I realize what we're doing. My braing just doesnt't work properly in his vicinity and I hate that.

„Matt....we.....we shouldn't." I say between kisses, that are more and more keen. When he finally pulls out, he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and says, „Will you stay with me tonight? I just want to lay – next to you." He says it with sincerity in his eyes that I can't resist. All the wall that I've built in all of these years – just suddenly disappear. I know that when we wake up it'll be disaster and at least one of us will regret it. But tonigh I want to be just a little selfish. „Ok then." I nod. He smiles widely that also his dimples appear.

He lays opposite me and leans his head on hand. I lay the same way and we just stare at each other for a while.

„Will you tell me something about tonight?"

Although the latest activities woke me up, my brain is still numb from alcohol and that probably stops me from thinking clearly. I gain courage and hope that he won't remeber anything. „As I already told you, I've been quite a rebel. I....a few years ago I was lost. My parents aren't quite ideal and nobody uderstood me. I met some people, that were like this. That understood me and didn't jugde me. We were around fifteen years old, I guess. We started getting to know new things – we drank and smoked. Later on, we found the mines and made something huge from it – something you saw tonight. Hmm...I went through some things. And Abby and I aren't so interested in it anymore. We meet just a few times in months. But they're still like my family. They helped me in the worst moments in my life. They went through it with me." That words just slipped through my lips, before I could stop them. There's a darkness in the room so I don't see his eyes and he also doesn't tell anything, he just hugs me and we fall asleep.

Matt's P.O.V.

I stare at her without words. She is so beautiful, as she isn't even from this world. That small and straight nose of her that towers above her full lips. I can't take my eyes of them and I struggle with urge to kiss her. Maroon hair covers half of her face.

She moves and I hold my breath so I don't wake her up. I guess it's already noon. My head's beating and my stomach hurts but I wouldn't change a moment. I don't understand everything she told me yesterday.

She opens eyes but also closes them quickly. „Mmmmm."

I laugh under my nose. There's probably much light. She turns on her back and covers eyes with forearm. After a while she looks at me but stays quiet. As always. She doesn't lead conversations about nothing. She is rather quiet. It's nice change after years of hearing just bullshit from priggish girls, that have just one intention. And that's how to get you and become popular. I admit, that I got used to it and liked it. But I really need to find out if Emily is like one of them and I'm just wasting my time or why is she that mysterious.  „Morning, beauty." I say finally.

„Hi."

„How are you?"

„Bad. As always. What about you?"