Day Four - Division

He carries her through the wooden and white painted door into the motel room. This time it's a more expensive motel. He has to stay there for a while probably, so he want it to be comfortable. Not just for him, for her too.

   "Jenna, look in the bathroom for the first-aid kit." he says as he puts the unconscious girl on the bed.

   "Tyler, help Jenna. I gonna call Brendon to inform him about the delay." His friend and sisters husband nods as he leaves the room again to dial his other friends number.

   "Hey, Josh. How are you doing? Why are you calling?" He walks to the parking lot to sit down in his car.

   "We won't arrive in the next days. You have to look after the place a little longer." He closes the door and leans back in the drivers seat.

   "No problem, what happened?" He sighs and runs with a hand through his purple hair. He never thought to dye his hair that way, but he really likes it, if he is totally honest.

   "Frank happened. He wanted revange because of that girl I killed. Sophia, Zoes friend." Josh emphasises the friend part. Brendon sighs and the man with dyed hair can practically see his concerned look. "He shot Zoe in her thigh and she is unconscious now."

"What happened to Frank?" Josh knows that Brendon won't be happy about that.

   "I killed him." Brendon let go an frustrated sigh.

   "Josh. He was her second hand. She will kill us all if she finds out." And again is Joshs hand meeting his hair.

   "I know, Brendon. I know. Maybe I'll send Jenna and Tyler back so they can support you there. I'll come as soon as Zoe is good again."

"Okay. Let me know what you're doing. We have a meeting in a few minutes, so I gotta go." Josh nods in the car even though Brendon can't see him.

   "Okay. We'll see us soon." He hangs up and gets back out off the car to go back to his sister, her husband and the sleeping girl.

"How is she doing?" he asks as he closes the door. Jenna had to put off her pants so she can clean and examine the wound, but she isn't here.

   "Jenna said it's better than she thought it would be. She is at the reception to ask for needle and thread. She has to stitch it." Tyler explains and in this moment his wife enters the room again. She gives her older brother a slight smile.

   "They don't have anything to stitch it. I will go and buy some tomorrow. Zoe will be unconscious for probably one or two days, so she won't move her leg and we can let it be this way at first." Josh nods and looks down to the brunette girl. She looks so peaceful when she's asleep and once again he asks himself, how she could be the same blood as his enemies.

   "You won't be able to buy them tomorrow, Jen." He looks up to his sister. "I want that you and Tyler drive back to the others to support Brendon. When old lady Wentz will find out that I killed her second hand, she will come for me. You have to be there and protect our people. I'll stay with Zoe and stitch her wound." Jenna looks sceptical at her brother. She knows him very well and she isn't quiet sure if it's the best idea to leave him alone with the girl.

   "I don't know Josh. Maybe it would be better when I stay here with her and you go back with Tyler. We all know that you can be very–"

"No, I stay here and you two go back." Jenna sighs and looks at her brother.

   "I think Jenna is right. She–"

"Who is the leader of a nearly 50 men and women clan?" Josh looks at Tyler with narrowed eyes.

   "You are, but Jen–"

"No! There is no but! I say that you go back to Brendon and I stay here with the girl. Period." Both, Jenna and Tyler, nod, but with her arms crossed. Both aren't happy about that, but they can't change it. They know Josh and once he is fixed on an idea, he pulls it through.

An hour later the rental car arrives. Tyler and Jenna put their stuff in the trunk and now say goodbye to Josh.

   "Take care of her, Josh. And of yourself." Tyler says and goes to the drives seat after they did their handshake. Jenna pulls her brother in a hug.

   "I know you like her, Josh, so don't be to hard on her. Remember, you kidnapped her and killed her friend, but she let go of the chance to escape." She pulls away and looks in her brothers eyes. They are so different in some situations. And from her looks. He has brown hair and brown eyes and she is blonde and has blue eyes. The main difference is the coping with their parents death. Jenna coped well, while Josh didn't. He even kidnapped a girl who has no idea why she got kidnapped. She has no idea that her grandmother is his enemy and killed his family. She will find out soon enough. When she is conscious again, Josh'll drive back to his friends and family immediately.

   "I'll try. Now get in the car get back to Brendon and help him." She nods.

   "Update me on her every day, okay?" Josh smiles and nods. "Thanks." Then Jenna gets in the passenger seat and Tyler drives away. Josh stands there with crossed arms and looks after the blue car until it's gone. He sighs and goes back to the sleeping girl and to write Brendon that Tyler and Jenna are on their way home. He hopes that Zoe wakes up soon, because he want to give old lady Wentz her surprise.

The beginning of the next chapter will be Joshs view again, but I think it's going back to Zoe later on in the next chapter.