Chapter 31

Credits to AmbiBambi9913 for the next few chapters, hope you guys like it as much as I do.😋
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went down to the game room and saw my best friend there, Sebastian, he's an 8 year old kid with red hair but he's the only one who's ever liked me. If you think about it he's like me, he doesn't many friends and his brother, who's 9 years old, pushes him around too. Sebastian was currently playing Mario Kart Wii or at least trying to. He was having some troubles with the controller and he kept dying.

The game room was basically like a man cave except that it was for everyone. It has a big couch in the middle room and there's a pin pong table, hockey table, a pool table and a tennis table. Of course you can't miss all the endless consoles Wii's, Xbox's, PlayStation's you name it. The room was painted a dark, navy blue with a gigantic TV in the middle of the room. There's also a mini fridge next to the shelve of endless games. There's an air conditioner which makes everything better and the room is big enough to walk around so you can imagine how big it is.

"Hey, buddy." I say flopping down next to him and ruffling his hair. "Emily! Not the hair!" He says and I chuckle while he fixes his hair. "Having some trouble?" I ask looking at poor Yoshi falling off into the abyss of nothingness. "Yeah, I keep losing and I don't know why." He says frowning. I look at his controller and I start laughing. "What's so funny?" He says crossing his arms.

"Your controller is upside down." I say my laughing subsiding. He stares at me for a moment before giving me a big smile and he starts laughing. "There's an extra controller in one of the shelves." He says, I get the blue one and sit down next to him and start playing.

I don't know how many hours passed but at some point me and Sebastian passed out. I felt a tap on my shoulder and my eyes flutter open only to see Tyler smiling down at me. I rub my eyes and I look down to see Sebastian sleeping on the floor. The TV was turned off and our controllers were put back into the shelves.

"What time is it?" I whisper to Tyler. "Quarter past ten." He whispers back to me. I stand up and run my fingers through my hair. I look at Sebastian and back at Tyler. "Can you help me find Sebastian's room?" I ask Tyler and he nods. I pick up Sebastian from the floor careful enough not to wake him up. Sebastian groans and he wraps his arms around my neck and his tiny les around my waist. Tyler leads me to Sebastian's room and turned on the light. I put him down on his bed and put the sheets on top of him. I turned off the light and lightly closed his door.

I turned around slowly and when my eyes met Tyler I quickly averted my gaze to my shoes finding them quite interesting. "Do you wanna hang out for a bit?" Tyler asks me and I'm taken aback by his question. I look at him and he's scratching the back of his neck. "Sure." Giving him a small smile and he grins back at me. We walk together side by side, I can smell his perfume by how close we are to each other and my stomach's filled with butterflies.

My mind starts to wander and I make a mental note to tell Riley all of this. Come to think of it, where is she?

Riley's POV

"Adam?" I say with a shaky voice and his beautiful eyes meet mine. I stay frozen in my spot and a million things run through my mind but nothing, nothing will ever be compared to when he looked at me and said my name.

"Riley?" He said. Almost as if he couldn't believe I was here. My eyes are filled with tears and Adam gets up and walks over to me before engulfing me into a hug. I choke out a sob and I hug him back, tears running down my face. He hisses when I touch his back and I pull away and look at my hands. They have spots of blood and I look back at him. He's looking at the cut on my cheek and his eye turn black. Before he says anything I throw myself at him and kiss him hard. At first he hesitates but he wraps his arms around my waist and those familiar tingles course through my entire body. My fingers are entangles in his hair and his lips move in sync with mine.

God how I missed his lips. It feels like our first kiss but this time freaking grenades go off. I missed him so much. I was worried about him so much I thought I was gonna die if I didn't see him again. It feels like forever before we have to pull away and catch our breathes. I rest my forehead against his and breathe heavily. "You're ok." He says, more to himself than to me. "It seems like you aren't." I whisper and he puts his hand on my cheek where the cut his. He runs his thumb over it and kisses it.

"Ahem." The Alpha says clearing his throat. We both turn our gaze towards the Alpha and he walks over to us. "Adam, so nice to see you again." The Alpha says, I look back towards Adam with confusion written all over my face and Adam steps in front of me. "Russell." Adam says his voice filled with disgust. "As much as I love your little reunion with our dear Riley here we have business to attend to." It was then I put two and two together and I realize that this was the pack that Adam had to keep making deals with. Russell steps in front of his desk and looks straight at me and Adam. "I was telling Riley here that she has something that we need." Russell says smoothly as if he's done this a million times which wouldn't surprise me.

"Lay a hand on Riley again and I'll make sure that you lose your arm." Adam says in a serious tone. "It's come to my attention that you haven't told Riley about her special gift." Russell says and dismisses Adam's threat like it was nothing. Adam tenses up before answering. "Adam? What is he talking about?" I ask looking between Adam and Russell. Adam looks at me and I can tell he's debating with himself wether he tells me or not.

"Riley..." Adam takes a step towards me and I take a step back. Adam looks at me with a pained expression and my heart breaks just seeing him like that but I need to know what he's keeping from he. "What are you not telling me?" I say my voice cracking at the end while tears fill my eyes. "Riley everything I did was to keep you safe." Adam says his voice straining. My hearts picks up its pace and I try to calm down. "What are you saying?" I say a tear rolling down my cheek.

Adam looks at the floor before looking back at me, a tear rolled down his cheek before he said what was gonna shatter me. "I didn't bump into by accident when we met." I couldn't hear anything after that. My heart stopped beating and I could only hear the sound of my breathing.

No

No

No

This can't be happening to me, not right now, not at this moment. This is the last thing I need. "Are you saying that you planned all of that? That it was all a lie?" I say my heart breaking into a million pieces, my voice breaking and tears falling down my cheeks. I couldn't meet his eyes, not into the eyes of a liar. "What? No, I didn't know you were my mate. But I knew that you were in danger and I knew that I had to do something about it." Adam says taking a small step towards me. "How do I know you're not lying?" I say followed by a hiccup. "Riley, I love you. I swear that everything else that happened was real. My feelings for you are real. You changed me, before I met you I knew that all I had to do was keep you safe in some way." He says and I meet his eyes. My vision is blurry but I can see that he's hurting. I look down at my feet finding them quite interesting.

"What about all those things you said to me that time in the forest? Was that a lie too?" I ask almost whispering. When he doesn't say anything I look back at him and his gaze doesn't meet mine. "Riley-" "Was it?!" I cut him off before he can say anything else. "Yes! But back then I didn't realize how important you were gonna be!" He says taking my hands in his, I feel those tingles again but I try to ignore them. "This," he says referring to the tingles "is what made me realize that you're mine. Mine and nobody else's. After Alice I thought that finding your mate was a fairytale, something that didn't exist but you changed that. You opened my eyes and made me see that just because something bad happened doesn't mean that something good can't come out of it. Riley, please, you have to believe me." Adam says so close to me that I can feel his hot breathe on my face. I put my hand on top off his chest but I cant bring myself to push him away.

Adam brings one hand to cup my cheek and I close my eyes and a tear rolls down my cheek when I feel his touch. "You're my everything, Riley." He whispers. I open my eyes and I see how much pain his eyes hold. How much he's going to hurt when I tell him these next few words. "I don't think I can trust you again." I say my voice breaking. I can feel his heart stop beating and Adam takes a step away from me and a tear rolls down his cheek.