23

"Skylar."

Rolling her eyes Skylar keeps her focus ahead of her with her seraph blade at her side. She was ignoring him for the last forty-eight seconds as she was not wanting to talk. Except he was not willing to take her silence as an answer of either no or yes.

"Skylar."

He was poking her side with the end of his arrow trying to get the girl to at least notice him. Trying once again he pushes the end of the arrow towards her side before he would lightly touch and poke her. The metal of the arrowhead had sent shivers down the girl's spine from the sudden coldness.

"Skylar Quinn."

Pulling the arrow out of his grip she snaps the material in half without even thinking. She throws the arrow off to the side while she watches the door for any intruders.

While she was watching the door Alec stood beside her with a shock expression written across his face. He couldn't believe that she had broken one of his favorite arrows and didn't even apologize afterwards.

"That was rude."

"I'm known for that." Skylar retorts back.

"I know. I've lived with you longer than I've hoped for." Alec sasses.

"Hey!" Skylar shouts while turning around to face Alec. He held a giant smirk on his face that showed off his pearly white teeth, rolling her eyes she hits him in the shoulder. "I hate you some days."

Before Alec could answer the girl there was harsh footsteps heard coming towards the two. Sky's head had whip up towards the sound and the smile on her face had fallen into a cold stern. Her hand grip the seraph blade rather tightly as she awaits for the demon to come closer.

Alec had gotten another arrow out and readied it on his bow. His hand held the arrow and string back towards his chin as he waits to see a glimpse of the demon. He was willing to throw his life down on the line if it meant saving Sky from any harm that would come to her.

The sound was getting closer towards the two making Sky's heartbeat faster. She was ready for a fight if more than one demon happens to show up unannounced.

Her breathing had steadied itself along with Alec's making it difficult for any demon to hear them. The demon was about to come around the corner and face it's death, but instead of a demon it was none other than Luke.

"Luke, what the hell are you doing?" Sky shouts at the werewolf.

"I was looking for Clary and the rest of you until I caught scent of you guys." Luke answers honestly.

"You can't sneak up on two Shadowhunters when they are trying to kill demons!" Sky shouts once again at him.

"I'm sorry I didn't know you two would be right here at the door ready to chop someone's head off." Luke says.

"We need to get a bell on you." Sky groans while placing her hand on her forehead.

"We have other problems at the moment than getting the werewolf a bell." Alec states.

"I have the pack outside taking care of any demons they cross." Luke says towards Alec.

"Looks like we can finally catch up to the rest of the team then." Sky smirks towards Alec before taking off towards the way she last saw the group of Shadowhunters go.

---

"Clary!" Luke shouts upon noticing the red hair girl holding a seraph blade at her side.

"Get back!" Clary shouts towards the trio while holding the seraph blade up in the air ready to defend herself if needed to.

"Easy there fireball. Don't want you to cut yourself." Sky jokes towards the girl while walking up to her.

Clary had tense up from the sudden closeness of Sky, because she was not sure if it was the real Sky or a demon one. Grabbing her seraph blade Sky forces the girl to retract it back at her side where it was safer.

"How do I know you're Luke." Clary asks.

"I got you spray paint for your birthday." Luke walks towards the two with his hands up in the air in a surrender position.

"What happened, Clary?" Sky asks the girl noticing she had tears running down her cheeks.

The girl had look to be crying for a quite a while before the group had found her. Though Sky could careless about the girl at times she just found it hard to walk away from a damsel in distress as it was part of her job to help out.

"Uh, demons." Clary breathlessly says. "Uh, long story. Where did you come from?"

"My mother's womb." Sky answers Clary only two seconds faster than Luke could.

"...Jail. I ran into Skylar and Alec." Luke points towards the two Shadowhunters who were currently scoping out the room for any demons nearby. "Said you might be down here. Thought you would need some help."

"Apparently not. Looks like she just took care of it." Alec states noticing the demon ashes starting to disappear.

"Shouldn't we get going or something?" Clary panickly asks while looking around the room for anymore demons as well. "More demons could be coming, right?"

"Oh, don't worry about it. I got the pack on the lookout." Luke states.

"That reminds me, next time I see one of your howling buddies I will rip their throat out for hurting me." Sky growls out towards Luke finally remembering her little speech she wanted to tell him the next time she saw him. Nodding his head to the brunette, Luke decides to let her get her feelings out, because he is too afraid to stop her from doing it.

"Okay, I'm done being mean now. Let's go." Sky says while walking away from the group and towards the tunnel leading to the institute. Luke had stare at the girl not believing how easily her mood how change in the matter of seconds.

"It's that time." Alec mumbles out before following after Sky knowing fully well her Niagara Falls had made a visit once again. Except this time it had came at a very bad time, because he hasn't even told the girl about his arranged marriage his mother is making him have.