14

"If Valentine can see in, that's a door I have to shut."  Alec's voice was booming from Clary's room making Sky confused on why Alec would be in there.

Letting her curiosity get the best of her Sky decides to creep against the hallway wall making sure not to make the tiniest bit of sound. She was going to eavesdrop on them and see what's truly going on. Seeing the door was already prop open gave her a slight advantage so now all she would have to do is stay silent and listen in.

"Now it's in the proper hands." Alec's voice was heard once again. Hearing footsteps approach the door Sky bolted down the hallway into the heart of institution making it seem like she was watching the computers.

Sky waited a couple of minutes until Jace, Clary, and Alec had appeared walking down the steps. Alec was cletching something in his left hand making Sky wondered what it was.

"Where are you going?" Clary asked Alec as grabbed his shoulder only to let go soon afterwards.

"To put this somewhere safe where no one will be tempted to use it." Alec stated as he was taking long strides possibly trying to get to his destination faster. Clary just scoffs at Alec not believing a word he just said. This made Sky roll her eyes at the little drama queen.

"We should use it," Jace spoke, "Alec we should use it to get to Valentine."

Sky's feet started to move before she could process what was happening. She was now walking a little bit slower behind the three so she'll get to see what they should exactly use against Valetine. Jace was talking loudly making others hear as well an Sky didn't want them to hear.

Jace tried to grip Alec's shoulder but he didn't budge a second time.

"If I were Valetine, I'd make you think you could rescue Jocelyn," Alec said, "And then I'd lure Clary to me and leverage her life for the cup."

Sky's eyes went wide as she stopped on the second step now seeing what was exactly in Alec's hand. It was a purple crystal necklace that probably had some warlock powers in it letting Clary see her mother.

"I like Jace's idea," Clary spoke, "We saved Simon from the vampires that way."

"Yeah.. Vampires," Alec started, "Bored, decanted, self involved vampires." Alec opened up the rune case setting the necklace on top and continuing. "Valentine is a real threat"

Alec soon stood up as he noticed Sky looking up at with a tint of fear in her eyes now realizing what was going on. "He can't be handled by four and a half shadowhunters"

"Five" Clary stated quite angrily. Not liking how Alec still wouldn't count her as a shadowhunter even when she saved their lives from the demon.

"Whatever." Alec rolled his eyes as he spoke. "Leave it there." He pointed towards the rune case.

"Clary you need to let it go." Sky spoke making her swirl around on her shoes and Jace to turn around and look at his younger sister. He did not realize she was listening to them the whole time. "Alec knows what he's doing even if we may not agree but he knows how to keep us safe and you need to respect that."

Clary gave Sky a dirty look as she did not want to let it go. Clary wanted her necklace back just so she can see if her mom was okay still and make sure Valentine won't hurt her.