Chapter 35: Bre

I woke up, completely refreshed. The sun peeked through the window, falling on my bare breasts. It's a good thing Kirk didn't need me for anything, otherwise he'd see me in just my underwear. He probably wouldn't complain, though.

It was only 7:15 A.M. when I  finished getting ready for the day. Herman was in the hall, pushing a small cart. "Good morning," I called to him.

"Good morning, miss," he smiled, his English accent coming through more.

"How are you?"

"I'm lovely. Did you sleep well?"

"I did, thank you for asking! You do such a nice job," I complimented him while admiring the immaculate hallway.

"Thank you. I should have you know, Kirk hasn't came out of his room yet. He usually emerges around 7:30."

I had 15 more minutes. "Oh, well, in that case, is there anything I can help you with?"

He seemed shocked at my offer, his eyes growing wide. "No, no, no! You're a guest!"

"So," I argued. "I can still help!"

"I appreciate the offer, but I've got it. That means a lot, though."

I sighed. "Oh, don't worry about it," he laughed. "I'm paid extremely well and I love it here! I love my job. Can I show you to the living room? You can wait for Kirk there."

I shrugged. "Alright, might as well."

He dusted a vase as I stepped inside. God, it was such a beautiful room. I turned to talk with Herman some more, but he was already gone.

Instead, I plopped down into a large maroon chair. It seemed to engulfe me in its velvety softness. I turned to see a steaming cup of coffee on the table next to me. Herman was good.

I didn't even hear him, and how did he know how I liked my coffee? No wonder Kirk likes him, he's great.

I took a sip, feeling the warmth travel down to my stomach. It was so good! I folded my legs, picking up a March 1988 Rolling Stone magazine with Robert Plant on the cover.

I was pretty into it, reading his thoughts and ideas. I didn't even notice Kirk sit in a chair across from me. "Good morning," he greeted, his voice deep with a slight morning rasp to it.

I let out a squeak and jumped in my chair. "Oh, I didn't even hear you," I sighed, placing a hand over my heart.

"I noticed," he chuckled. "How'd you sleep?"

"I was out like a light," I grinned at him.

"I'm glad!"

"This magazine is so good!"

"I have plenty more. Read as many as you like!"

"Thank you."

"What would you like to do today?"

"Oh, I don't care."

"Do you like fruit stands?"

"As in, going in with a basket and picking out local fruits and veggies? Yes."

He laughed at my nerdiness. "There's a great one downtown. Would you like to go with me and pick some things out?"

I nodded, almost too eagerly. "I'd love to!"

Just then, Herman came back in, pushing a cart. "Breakfast," he chittered, taking a lid off of two dishes.

"Thank you," Kirk grinned appreciatedly. "It looks amazing!"

It was an amazing breakfast casserole. He put bacon bits on mine. "Thanks, Herman!"

He nodded his head and quietly left the room. "Eat up, sweetheart," Kirk cut the silence. "We've got some shopping to do."