Chapter 9: Bre

Of all people to doorjack me, why Kirk Hammett? He's probably cringing. Well, looks like I'm stuck with another crazy fan.

And where was he taking me? "I really am ok," I piped up behind him.

"I know," he winked before opening the last door for me.

I stepped inside, and was surprised that it was their dressing room. Plus, all the other guys were in it. James seemed confused. "Who'd you find, Kirk?"

Kirk chuckled lightly. "Well, um..."

"I got lost," I interjected. "Kirk helped me!"

I probably just saved his ass from months of teasing and humiliation. He smiled at me warmly. "This is Bre! Bre, that's Rob, James, and the grumpy-looking gopher over there is Lars. As if you didn't know their names."

"Hi, guys, it's nice to meet you!"

Lars still seemed puzzled. "So you just decided to to bring her back here?"

Kirk shrugged. "What else is there to do?"

"Show her the actual way out?"

Kirk looked at me and grinned. "Naw, she's too cool for that."

I blushed. "Did you come by yourself?"

James was concerned. "Yes."

"The crowd pushed you around a bit, huh."

I nodded. Clearly, he'd been there before. "Did you like the show," Rob asked, his voice full of curiosity.

"Yes, it was amazing! 10 out of 10, would recommend."

Kirk laughed at that, while Lars continued to chew on his toothpick. "I hate to say this, but, we need to get going..."

His glance shot daggers at Lars. "C'mon, man, she didn't even ask for a picture! Everyone knows you hate pictures!"

He grunted. "I'm tired. I think I'm speaking for us all."

Kirk rolled his eyes. "Ok Grandpa!" He signalled for me to follow as he left the room.

"Sorry about their grump-asses," he apologized.

"It's fine! I get why they're grumpy."

He smiled softly. "I still feel so bad. Out of all the doors, you just happen to be walking by the one I open!"

"It's fine," I reassured, laughing at his frustration.

"Kirk!"

Someone called for him down the hall. "You know where to go," he asked.

"Yes, and thank you so much."

"No problem."

He grinned, looking into my eyes not saying a word. I'm not gonna lie, it was a little awkward. "Oh, wait, I have an idea! Do you have a pen?"

I shook my head. "You," he yelled at the person down the hall. "Do you have a pen?"

"Uhm, yes?"

"Can I borrow it?"

"Sure."

Kirk sprinted to get it, stealing a sheet of paper from their notepad as well. "Here," he offered it to me. "It's my number. If you ever need anything, I'll be more than happy to help! I owe it to you."

"Thank you so much," I gushed, clutching it to my chest. "That means a lot!"

"Of course! It was nice meeting you!"

He waved goodbye as he began to walk down the hall. I was in disbelief. Kirk Hammett's phone number was in my hands. A doorjack for his number? I'll take it.