"Promise?" You asked playfully. Jet stepped closer, suddenly serious.

"I promise." Jet ran off, leaving behind a large bag of food. You put a hand to your stomach, fighting the urge to eat the contents of the bag. Instead, you spent the rest of the day passing out the meals to as many people as you could.

You didn't run into Jet anytime after that on the ferry, and you looked around for him in Ba Sing Se. By the time you found people that knew him, you were too late.

~~~

Bonus:

ExiledZuko x Reader Prologue

Requested by: rabbit102099 and LoveAnimeFore

Y/N - Your Name

Your cell door was opened slowly, meaning someone was working it manually. Odd... it wasn't time for the women's wing to go into the courtyard yet. You were lying on your "bed" with your back to the door, so you didn't know who was there.

"Y/N." An all-to-familiar voice called to you. Zuko? You sat up quickly, craning your head to see the Firelord at your door. Atop his head was the royal crown, the only symbol of his status he had on him. Other than that, he was dressed casually. Odd. He stood, waiting. This again? You'd never bowed to him before, and that fact wasn't going to change.

"Zuko." You answered, skipping the formality. All you'd been doing at the Boiling Rock was structured formalities. Hopefully this was the end of that. You couldn't help but feel excited. Finally! You were going to leave this place. After an awkward couple of minutes, Zuko entered the room with two women close behind. Both were dressed in green and had makeup disguising most of their features. One stepped forward, smiling brightly at you. You returned it instantly and rushed to hug the girl. "Suki!" You shouted cheerfully. She hugged you back and laughed.

"It's so good to see you, Y/N!"

"Hah! Likewise, although I never thought I'd see you again." You said, turning your head towards Zuko.

"Yeah, right." Zuko looked away, refusing to meet your eyes.

"So, to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit in my lonely cell?" You asked sarcastically. Both Zuko and Suki looked seriously embarrassed. This should be good.

"I'm sorry I didn't come for you earlier. At first, I didn't know you were here..." He trailed off. You crossed your arms, waiting for him to continue. "I am here now, and I have a request to make." That got your attention. You lowered your arms and squared your shoulders, ready to decline whatever he was going to ask of you. "There's a powerful rebellion rising in some of the larger cities in the Fire Nation that are working to dethrone me, and make my father Firelord again. I have tried every source I have, but I don't know nearly enough about the organization. All I know is that it's power is increasing and have, at one point, made its way into my court. I want you to become a spy for the Fire Nation. You would communicate directly with me, Suki, or Ty-Lee." He motioned to the two women with him. So, the other one's Ty-Lee? You lowered your gaze, thinking over his request carefully. Become a spy? It would get you out of prison, but you'd be doing something even more dangerous.

"Why me? Why not go with Senhi, who was an actual spy? She'd be better suited if her loyalties could be redirected towards the Fire Nation. Even Natsumi would make a better spy-"

"No, Y/N. You're the one who got me out of the Fire Nation. You figured out that the soldiers would be tired in the mornings, and that they'd be uncomfortable around couples." Zuko interrupted.