DAVE POV*

CHAPTER 23: I WANT A FAMILY

Me and the girls had fun today. But I wanted them to stay over with me. I need some company. My boys left back to New York to see what the hell was going on with the crew.

"You had fun kyleigh"I ask my daughter.

"Yes"she had ice cream and cupcake. I know she gone have a sugar rush. Kaven was getting her ice cream. When I look at her, I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She was so pretty. "Daddy, where did you meet mommy?"

"We met at a party"I smile. Kaven came and sat down.

"Mommy y'all met at a party?"kyleigh ask.

"Y-Yeah"she look at me. "We met at a party"she smile at kyleigh.

"Where were you when I was growing up then"kyleigh narrowed her eyebrows at me.

"I was busy with work"I said. She nod her head. "Where were you?"i ask her.

"I was with my mommy and playing with Lizzie"she smile.

"Who Lizzie?"I ask her.

"My best friend and my cousin"she had the biggest grin on her face.

"Oh okay"I nod my head. We talk a bit more about life. She wanted to go to school down here and never go back to New York. I want to leave New Jersey and go back to New York.

Kyleigh was sleep, so it was just me and kaven. She didn't really say much. So, I guess I'ma start the conversation.

"You want to stay down here?"I ask her.

"There's nothing for me back in New York"she said.

"So you want to stay here"I narrowed my eyebrows.

"What's wrong with New Jersey"she tilt her head.

"Oh nothing, it's just boring down here"I said.

"That's good for me. I just need somewhere safe to raise my daughter"she said.

"Kaven, she's my daughter too"I said.

"I know that"she said.

"I want y'all to sleep at my house"I said.

"Are you fucking crazy?"kaven look at me. "I'm not staying with you"

"Why? Khai gone kill you"I said.

"No, it's wrong"she said. "I can't stay with you"she got up holding kyleigh. I sigh looking at the ice cream she left. I grab the left over trash and got up.

I followed her out the door to my Jeep. She strap kyleigh up in the back. "Why you don't have no doors?"

"I wanted to look cool"I said.

"It looks dumb"she mumble.

"Next stop, Khai apartment"

LATER

I watch as kyleigh wave goodbye to me. Kaven walk up the stairs to the apartment door. I waited for her to go in and pull off.

Guess I'm not having a sleepover.