Chapter 12

lol remember when i updated regularly? tbh me neither.

also please comment whatever youre thinking because suggestions or reactions or guesses would just be very interesting and totally make my day okay thank you ❤

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~··~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

Will's POV

I suddenly forget how to move as I stare at Chiron.

Percy clenches his jaw and takes a cautious step back. "What." He says dangerously quiet.

"You're not supposed..." Chiron shuffles to the side, his tail flicking nervously. He barely notices the strangers as he quickly walks away mumbling about the gods, and "other worlds" and about broken oaths.

Rachel looks at Percy with suspicion. "Well what did you do now?"

"I didn't.. I don't...." Percy gets tense and runs his fingers through his hair anxiously. "Why would he-"

"Hey." I say glancing at Rachel to back me up, "It's going to turn out alright, everything always does right?"

"Did it turn out alright for Annabeth? What about Frank? Your brothers? Oh and how about Nico, huh? Did he turn out alright? Oh wait, he's dead. They're all dead. When do things ever turn out alright for us?" Percy says angrily at me.

In one swift movement, I kick the side of his knee as he goes down I bring my knee up and make contact under his chin. Stepping on his foot, I grab his wrist, and force his shoulder down.

"Don't." I say trying to control my anger. "Don't talk about them like that. Don't go there. I'm a goddamn doctor, Percy. I know how to break every bone in your body."

I release my grip and he shoves me off. Percy swears under his breath and rubs his jaw. "I need to go before I say something I'll regret."

Glaring at his back as he turns to walk away, I shout at him. "You haven't done that already?!"

I see his fists tighten but he keeps walking toward his cabin. Some younger campers go towards him, approaching him with hope, but when they get close enough to see how mad he is they back off.

"I'm sure it's nothing." Tony says sarcastically and I glance at him annoyed.

Steve trys to follow Chiron wanting answers but I step in front of him. "Look. You're still a stranger. Just let me finish showing you how we're not planning to destroy the human race so you can leave. As you can tell, we have enough on our plate at the moment."

"We don't need to see any more." Tony says looking around at the campers suddenly bored. "Clearly this isn't a place to train kids into killers. We should leave now."

I try not to smile when he talked about training killers. Instead I eyed him. Not sure if he was serious or not.

"Okay. " I replied which seemed like the safest option.

"Yes okay." Tony starts walking towards the boundaries. "Let's go."

Steve stands in front of him, stopping him. "Shouldn't we see the whole place? We should be confident and positive that this isn't a threat, you can just leave without finishing the job."

Tony begins to talk but stops and just gestures to three very young campers playing hide and seek and one of them accidently running right into a tree. "Yeah Steve. One hundred percent killer types."

Steve stares at him in disbelief for a second and stubbornly points to the kids practicing their archery, hitting the center target every time. "That target could be your head one day for all we know."

Tony throws his hands in the air and rolls his eyes dramatically. "Oh god Steve how could I ever have been so wrong. Thank you so much for pointing out some kids making lucky shots. Thank you so so much. What would I ever do without you?"

Steve looks at Tony incredulously. Then looks at me.  I look back at him with an expression that lets him know I really could not care less.

He shakes his head and starts walking away. "Fine. But this was all your idea for the record."

"Whatever happens I'll take most credit."

"All credit." Steve corrects.

"We'll see."

Tony nods at me indicating his departure and I turn away from all of them.

Rachel nudges my shoulder. "What do you thinks going to happen?"

I shrug and take a deep breath. "I need a break. One. Long. Break."

She nods thoughtfully and watches the archers. "You don't always have to be on edge all the time. You can take a break, that is an option."

A laugh escapes me and the words in my mouth feel bitter. "That's not an option at all. What kind of example is that showing? Oh yeah let me leave all my responsibilities behind and go to the bahamas and have fun in the sun."

I drop the attitude and shake my head. "No I can't just leave everyone. I couldn't do that to them especially after Percy pulled that same stunt."

My voice is dull and I feel my face get warm with anger.

"You know," Rachel starts. "I think we should cut Percy some slack. He didn't mean to hurt anyone he was going insane here and you know it."

She stares at the strawberry fields and her voice gets quieter. "He was in a bad shape when he left and anyone could tell it wasn't going to turn out well. He was a train wreck. You knew it was gonna turn out bad but you couldn't stop watching."

I don't say anything.

"No matter what you did or how much you tried to help it would change nothing from the inevitable." Rachel turns toward the Poseidon cabin.

It's silent other than the harsh sound of arrows piercing the target. I groan and rub my face. "I'll go check on Perce, okay? Maybe you can talk to Chiron and get that mess settled."

With a stern look she peers at me. "Sure thing but make sure you get some rest tonight you seem a little more than totally exaughsted."

I nod promising myself to try and actually sleep. "See you later Rache." I run a hand through my hair and head up to Percy's cabin.

I seriously need a break.