Chapter 36 (edited)

After my appointment, Tristan had left, he said he would be back tomorrow to visit. I was so happy to have Evan back.

"You know, I really don't like that guy." I nod.

"I know love, but we've become close. You don't have to like him, just don't kill him." He glares slightly but nods.

"Only because I love you baby doll. " I smile at the nickname.

"Oh, how I missed that name.." I grab his hand and pull him onto the hospital bed and cuddle him. His hand rubs my tummy as he kisses my head.

Evan kisses my lips, down to my neck, I smile at first, but then a flashback of the older men that my brother had rape me pops up in my mind.

My heart rate starts to increase and I suddenly can't breathe. I gasp as my vision starts to blur and I let out a small scream. "Get off! Get off of me!" Tears well up in my eyes as I push him away. A look of hurt is plastered onto his face.

A nurse runs in, pushing him out of the room. "She's having a panic attack, please step away sir."

She jabs a needle into my arm, and I slowly stop thrashing around and calm down. After a few minutes, she runs my vitals and lets Evan back in.

"Skylar has PTSD, short for, post-traumatic stress disorder. Because of the traumatic experiences she has gone through, she may have panic attacks such as this. I have also found she has depression and anxiety. Please be careful and keep an eye on her." The nurse says before walking out.

"I-I'm sorry Evan," I say as I look down.

"Don't apologize sweetheart. I love you. We're gonna go through rough patches but we will get through it." I pull him back down, the same position only this time, his head resting on my shoulder.

"You need anything love?" I ask

"I just want you, Skylar. I missed you so much. You have no idea. I love you to death, and after you were gone, I felt like it was all my fault. Because I couldn't protect yo-"

I cut him off. "No, no, none of this is your fault, Evan. Not one bit. If anything you helped me. You were the only thing that saved me. I got my memories back because of you. I love you too. More than anything. And you mean everything to me."

He stays silent before kissing my cheek. "Promise me you'll never leave me again..." he says softly. I hear the desperation and slight fear in his voice.

"I promise Evan. "

I feel his smile against my skin as I yawn.

"You should sleep babygirl. It's been stressful this past week....slash year. " I let out a small giggle and nod

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too Skylar."

I smile softly as the world slowly starts to fade and dreamland comes into my head once more.

****

2 months later (sorry for the time skips)

I'm finally back at home with Evan, and the baby's still doing well. It's due in the next few weeks and I'm so excited yet nervous.

Evan barely lets me go to the bathroom by myself anymore. He's so overprotective. I love it.

"Babe?" I call out as I lay in bed confused of where Evan is. I hear no response so I slowly get out of bed and wobble to the kitchen. I see a note that says,

'Hey babydoll, I had to run out for some groceries and I noticed you were sleeping. If you wake up and see this, I want you to know I love you and will be back soon, left at 1:39. -Evan'

I look up at the clock and notice it's 2 o'clock now so hopefully, he'll be back in the next half hour. I'm craving Nutella. I sure hope he gets some because we have none here.

After about 15 minutes of sitting on the couch, I hear a knock at the door. I flinch slightly before getting up and open the door. When I do, it reveals Eric and the gang.

"Hey, sweetheart, Evan home?" I shake my head. "Can we come in love?" Eric asks with a smile. I nod and let them in. I try not to talk much after the incident. Only Evan and I speak regularly.

I notice Jake has a deep blush on his face as he walks in with his head down.

"Well. We came over for two reasons. To hang out and check in, and also to tell you some exciting news."

I look at him, "what's that?" He smiles when I speak.

"Axel and Jake are officially dating!" Nick squeals And Jake's face becomes even redder if possible.

"That's great. Congratulations." I give him a quick hug before retreating back to my side of the couch.

"Thanks, Sky. Anyway, where is Evan?" ...there probably getting annoyed with me already... I feel so weird in front of them now. Like they don't want me here. Maybe it's just me but I've been on edge lately.

"Store," I reply.

"Nice..." There's an awkward silence for a few minutes till Eric decides to speak up.

"So when's the baby due sky? Did you find out the gender?"

"No, and it's actually due any day now.."

"Well, Evan better keep a close eye on you." I smile slightly with a nod.

"Well I gotta say, you'll make an amazing mother sky. And both of you will be awesome parents."

"Thank you Eric.. you're so sweet," I say with a slight blush.

"Of course darlin. Do you mind if I get something to eat? I haven't eaten anything today."

"Oh yes yes. I'm so sorry. Where are my manners? Would you guys like anything? Make yourself at home."

They chuckle "We're okay Skylar. Don't worry. Your still as cute and sweet as a teddy bear." Chase says and smiles.

I smile back as Eric gets up and goes to the kitchen.

I hear the door open to the apartments as Evan walks in with groceries. He squeaks in surprise as he sees the boys here. They all break out in laughter as do I. He glares slightly but smiles when he sees me.

"Hey, babygirl." He sets the groceries down and kisses my head. "How ya been?"

"Good, how abo-" I cut myself off as I feel water trickle down my leg.

"Uh. Skylar. Did you pee?" Jake says confused." I gasp and look down.

"My water broke!"

*****Hey guys sorry for the late update. Tell me what ya think of the book so far. Is it confusing or moving too fast? Comment and vote

Love you all