Chapter 21 (edited)

Okay, wait. What?

"Evan, don't. You're drunk and you're not thinking correctly." I say softly giving him a tight squeeze.

Evan holds me tight and replies, "No Sky. I've never felt this way before towards anyone. A drunk mans words are his sober thoughts. I love you, and I will scream it out to the world if I have to."

I shake my head. "Evan..." I say softly, pulling away.

"Sky, no. Don't say anything." With that he pulls me towards him again, with my face near his. He looks at me with passion, and I knew at this moment, he wasn't joking. Evan wraps his arms around my waist, holding me to him.

"I just want you Babydoll. I just want you..."

I hug him, my heart clenches at his words. I don't even know what to do anymore...

"Can it ever be the same, Evan?" I ask softly, snuggling further into his chest. My arms tighten around him, not wanting to let go.

He shakes his head no, "Never." A tear rolls down my cheek as he softly pulls himself off of me and looks down at me.

He takes his hand and wipes away my tear, brushing my lips than, resting his hand on my cheek. Evan has his other hand on my waist. "It's gonna be so much better."

With that his lips were on mine and the fireworks set off in my stomach.

I smile into the kiss and respond right away. I can taste the alcohol in his breath but I ignore it and just focus on him.

Evan pulls back before it can get too heated and I look up at him. "You do know I'm not just playing with your heart. I really do care about you." I sigh and nod my head.

"I know," I whisper softly.

"But how can I trust you? After all you have done to me, how can I be sure you're not going to hurt me again?" I ask staring into his eyes, almost trying to get an answer by that.

"I can promise you I'll never hurt you physically, and as for mental, I can promise that I would never do it on purpose." He says, kissing my forehead.

"You know... You make a lot of promises. And some I know you can't keep." I say.

I would absolutely love to date Evan and be with him but you have to understand...after all he did to me, the promises he broke, the lies he told, and the betrayal he had did , I can't just go running into his arms. As much as I would love to do that, he needs to earn my trust back.

"I know this Baby Girl, but I can try my best. I know I have to gain your trust back but I need you to understand my motives behind somethings. I also realize I have hurt you in so many different ways but I want you. And only you..." Evan says staring into my eyes with so much passion, if he weren't holding me right now, I truly believed that I would be on the ground in a puddle of goo.

At this moment, my phone starts to ring and I curse my phone for not having put it on silent. Evan gives me a look almost to say, 'go ahead'. I smile and thank him before answering.

"Hello?" I ask clearing my throat.

"Sky-Bear?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

My eyes brighten and my mouth turns into a wide grin. "AXEL!" I yell into the phone happily.

"Heh, heyo. I'm sorry for not calling sooner but I've kinda been busy. My dad is having me work with him as his assistant."

I chuckle, "That's all good, I've also been pretty busy since you left to... " I say drifting off, my smile fading a bit.

I notice Evan watching me, with a slight frown.

"Well, anyways, I was wondering if I could come over for a little bit. I'm bored and I need to tell you some things...:" Axel says.

"Yea sure, I'll be home all day so..." I drift off.

"Yay! I'll see you in a little bye Sky!" He says happily.

"Bai." I say and hang up.

I see Evan giving my phone a glare and I raise an eyebrow.

"Umm, Evan? You alright over there?" I ask with a slight chuckle.

"No, your little friend Axel had to ruin the moment." He says with a pout.

I laugh and kiss him on the cheek. "Well, he's coming over later so you can tell him how much he ruined it." I say winking.

"I think I will." Evan says confidently.

"Okay, but no fighting. Got it?" I say pointing a finger at him.

He rolls his eyes, "Fine."

I smile and walk out towards my room. I'm about to sit down when my phone bings. I see a unknown number had texted me.

"What the..." I whisper more to myself once I read the text.

"Hey baby, how you been? I see you are happy. But soon you will see life isn't as perfect as you thought. I want you to get scared. Paranoid. It will make this fun. I've always loved the way you would get worried, you would scrunch up your nose in the cutest way then frown. Better watch out babe, I'll be back. Very soon."

"I'm here, you can't get rid of me."

My first thought is to go and tell Evan. He would help me. "Evan?" I call out.

I hear some shuffling and a reply of, "Yeah? Whats up"

I start to walk down towards his room, thinking he is in there. I felt this weird prickling sensation on the back of my neck and I stop right in front of his door. I have my hand on the doorknob but I never turn it.

Randomly the door swings open, I'm about to scream when I see that Gage is standing there. No I don't mean Axel, Gage.

"Why are you in my house, let alone in Evans room." I ask backing up a foot. He smirks, it sends chills down my back.

"I'm hanging with Evan, he's in the bathroom right now." Gage says pointing to the closed bathroom door.

"No your not, I know for a fact that Evan hates you, there is no way that he would 'hang out' with you."

"Ah, little one, I always knew you were smart." He says and I stare at him weird.

"I'm not that dumb Gage, now tell me why you're here." Gage steps a foot closer.

"I'm here for you babe." He says, getting close to my face. With that, he grabs my waist throwing a hand over my mouth when I open my mouth to scream. I try to wiggle out of his arms but I get no where.

Gage grabs something out his pocket. A gun. He holds the barrel part and rounds his arm up slamming it back down onto the back of my head.

I let out a loud scream of pain, dropping to the floor. My vision starts to blur before everything turns black.

Sorry it's shorter than my regular!! Id have much to say other than sorry for not updating in for a while... luv u all!!! 8 votes for next chapter!!

-jada💋