Chapter 14 (edited)

"Uhh....." Is all I can manage out. "YEA I knew that...." I stutter.

He looks between the tv and me a couple time before he just puts on a blank face.

"So umm, yeah I heard your hat was left at the crime scene. It's weird that it happened, being you didn't do it. Right?" His head whips around at me and his eyes go wide.

"Wh-what are you talking about..." He asks.

"I mean since it was your hat, was it not?" I asked...

"Yea, It was." He says gaining more confidence.

"Than why was it there?"

He just stands there. He doesn't talk, or move. "Because I was there."

"But why, I told you to go bang a chick not go into a crime scene!"

He snorts and shakes his head slowly. He slowly lifts his head and gives me a creepy smile.

Evan slowly comes over to me. He stalks over to me like he's a lion hunting his prey. "Oh Babydoll, your so naive. You don't really think I was just wandering around and ended up at a crime scene, do you?"

He leans over to me, his lips hovering over my ear. Evans breath tickles my neck and I shiver. "I made the crime scene."

My eyes widen. I go to back up but he places his hands on my hips. Pressing his body against mine, Evan nips at my ear.

"Wha-what do you mean?" I ask in disbelief, please tell me its a joke.

"Babydoll, I'm a gang leader what do you expect? I'm going to have to kill people." He whispers in my ear with a husky voice.

"No, no... this can't be happening." I keep shaking my head trying to push him away. "Stop, get away! No!" I yell at him trying to get away.

He's a killer!

When I'm finally away from him and as far as the room will let me, which is against the living room wall.

"Who else have you killed?" I ask him in a small voice. Guilt flashes through his eyes.

"That's a story for another day, but-"

"NO! Tell me now! Who else?!" I scream cutting him off. Who knew that I was living with a murder?

"Babydoll I... I have killed many people and for reasons of money, but you have to understand, this is my job."

I shake my head, remembering my parents. They died for the exact same reason that Evan is killing people for.

"Did you kill my parents?"

It goes silent. "Sky, you gotta understand... I did it because your father didn't pay, he-"

"No! That's no excuse! I had no parents after that! Do you even understand what that puts you through?!" I'm in hysterics by now.

He doesn't say anything but just stands there. I grab my crutches that were leaning on the wall and hobble out of the house as fast as I can. I had my phone in my pocket, as so my keys and I just grabbed my jacket.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and look through my contacts. When I find Coles, I call him up.

It rings a few time before he finally answers. "Hello?" He asks, "C-cole..." I say before sobs come out.

He freaks out and finally, I just tell him I'm coming over and hang up.

When I finally reach his place, I have calmed down a little, I knock on the door and it fly's open.

I'm engulfed in a hug by Cole and him asking all these questions.

I finally answer him and explain everything. He gives me a sympathetic smile.

"He killed our parents! How could he?!" I yell.

"I know, I knew from the beginning..."

I look at him like he's crazy, "Than why not put him in jail?!" He sighs,

"I know what your thinking, but I want him to come forward. I hate to say it but he needs to learn. That's the only thing I'm saying about this."

I hug him and he pulls me over closer to him. I cuddle against him, just like how I would when I had a bad dream when I was younger and he would come in and comfort me.

I sigh and I hear a door open and a girl yell, "Baby, I'm back! I couldn't find the type of chips you wanted but I did find the other one-" A women that looks around Cole age, come in and her eye widen.

"Who is this?" She asks confused. "Ashley, this is my little sister Skylar. Sky, this is Ashley, my fiancé."

I don't say anything just look at her. She gives me a small smile. "Why is she crying?"

"Parent issues that include guy issues. You remember the police report and all the things with Evan Dohner killing our parents, well he just striked again, she found out about everything and he tried to explain but she ran here and now here we are..."

"Oh honey, are you okay?" She asks concerned running over to me.

I nod and sit up a little. "It just doesn't make sense. Why? Why us?" I ask looking over at Cole.

"Gang leaders will do anything to get what they want. Kill, steal, anything."

I nod, "What am I gonna do now? I cant go back there...!" Cole gives me a sad smile.

"Sky you are a strong woman, you can do this. I promise."

"You're sending me back there?!" I yell, getting up.

"Sky you'll thank me for this, I promise."

"You're making a lot of promises that you can't keep Cole." I say and then add, "I can promise you that." With that, I grab my crutches and out I go.

I take a cab back to the apartment, knowing there is nowhere else to go. Wait what about Axel? I check my pockets for more money so I can get a taxi but I'm broke. Great. Now I really actually have to stay here.

I go up the elevator and go to our place, then let myself in. I see Evan in the kitchen pacing around.

He spots me and comes over saying, "Babydoll, your okay! I -" I stop him then and there and go over to the door to my room. "I don't wanna talk to you, don't come near me or you'll be sorry. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Maybe."

With that, I open my door and slam it behind me. "Ugh." I slid down my door, giving an exasperated sigh. I can't catch a break, can I?

********
2 UPDATES IN 1 DAY!! BE HAPPY
OKAY, so the only reason why I posted again is because someone *cough* TysonHendricks8 *cough*
Bugged me all night, but I'm not gonna mention any name ;)
Love u's! I NEED AT LEAST 6

Comment
Fan
VOTE

-Jada💋