Stark looked as if he wanted to challenge Thor, "No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this."

Banner shook his head, "Tony, maybe this might not be the time."

Tony turned, "Really? That's it? You just roll over, show your belly every time somebody snarls?"

Banner was trying to keep things semi-civil, "Only when I've created a murder bot."

"We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?"

"Well you did something right." Cap always had been good at creating peace among the team, "And you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different than SHIELD."

Spyen let out a breath at the mention of SHEILD. She hadn't realized that the Avengers were something entirely different.

Tony barked away from Cap, "Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?"

Rhodes shook his head in sarcasm, "Nope. It's never come up."

"Saved New York? Recall that?"

Spyen let out a sigh as she was momentarily transported back to when she was just seventeen years old. The battle of New York had been one of her first major missions. She had met the rest of the team that now call themselves the Avengers and from that moment on, they had all leaned on each other for support.

"A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the livelong day, but that up there, that's the end game. How are you guys planning on beating that?"

Cap looked up at Stark, "Together."

Stark eyed him, "We'll lose."

Steve Rogers had such a delicate expression on his face, "Then we'll do that together, too."

Spyen let out a sigh. She was an Avenger rather she liked it or not.

"Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The world's a big place. Let's start making it smaller."

Spyen swallowed and looked up at Clint. It looked like she was going to extend her stay after all.

***

"Skye, please don't make this harder than it needs to be. It's only a few more days." Spyen was finally able to reach Skye after several failed attempts.

"Spyen, this is insane. I cannot have my little sister running around with the Avengers. You could die."

Spyen sighed, "We are agents, Skye. It's what we do. I'm an Avenger. I am not just a SHIELD agent."

There was a second of silence but it felt like minutes to Spyen, "An Avenger, huh? Guess it would feel nice to be back with your family."

Spyen swallowed, "Skye, don't say that. You are my family. We've been over this."

Steve came around the corner, "Spy, we might have something."

Spyen pulled the phone away from her ear, "This really isn't a good time. I'll be there in a sec."

Cap gave a nod and Spyen could hear Skye shout through the phone.

"You said three days. It's been six and now you want to say with them?"

Spyen pulled in a breath to control her growing anger, "Skye, there is so much more going on than you think. If you think SHIELD is filled with missions, you are wrong."