Wager

Spyen sat next to Hunter in a decorated restaurant and kept an undercover profile as they watched Coulson. Coulson had told his team that Raina wanted to meet because she had something important to discuss. Spyen sipped her alcoholic drink along with Hunter.

"Still nothing." Hunter gave a simple update to May and Skye. Spyen hadn't put in her COM unit yet. She noticed the last time she was on a mission she could hear the frequency underlying the communication and it rattled her brain.

Hunter gestured to the unit in Spyen's fingers, "Are you going to put that in?"

Spyen gave a sigh, "The frequency gives me a headache."

Hunter furrowed his brows, "You can hear the frequency?"

Spyen bit her lip and didn't want to explain to Hunter why she could. She gave the unit one last look before she put it in her ear. Just as Spyen turned on the device she cringed at May's voice.

"Incoming at four o'clock."

Hunter glanced over at the front of the restaurant, "The tiny girl in the flower dress? That's what everyone's making such a fuss about?"

No one answered Hunter but Spyen had finally set a face to the name and she did actually recognize the woman, but only very vaguely. Spyen let out a breath and rotated her neck to make the ringing in her ear more comfortable. Coulson stood from the table and greeted Raina.

"It's good to see you, Agent Coulson."

"Raina."

Spyen watched as Coulson pulled Raina's chair out for her and once she was situated, he sat in his own chair.

"I was worried you weren't going to accept my invitation, but perhaps I wasn't the only one looking forward to our next meeting."

Hunter had his face in a menu as he furrowed his brows, "Is she hitting on him?"

Skye gave a simple, "Yep."

May replied with, "That's what she does."

Both Hunter and Spyen rolled their eyes and went back to listening to Coulson and Raina's conversation.

"You implied there was something urgent to discuss, so here I am." Coulson wasn't nearly as excited about this meet as Raina was. "Either way, you're going to give me what I want."

Raina tilted her head, "You've changed, Agent Coulson."

"Might just be circumstances, considering last time you had me strapped into your little memory machine."

"I was only trying to help." For the strangest reason, Raina's tone of voice irritated Spyen.

Spyen shifted in her seat and Hunter glanced over at her. She shook her head.

"You want to help? Tell me where to find the Obelisk."

Raina pulled in a long breath, "I'm afraid it's out of my hands."

Coulson leaned forward, "That really doesn't work for me. I've seen what that thing can do. It's too dangerous to be out in the real world."

"You've only seen the beginning. Just because something's powerful doesn't make it dangerous." Raina's voice stayed constant at a low pitch.

"In this case, it's more the death and destruction."

"You must believe me, Agent Coulson. We want the same thing." If Spyen had heard correctly, it almost sounded like Raina was becoming desperate.