Chapter 19

Today was the day. The day of the final task. I was scared out of my wits.

I get out of bed and go over to my trunk. I had packed a majority of my things since we had two days left of school after the tournament finished today.

I pull on the purple uniform and tie back my hair. I make it shorter so I don't risk getting anything caught in it. After brushing my teeth, I head to the Great Hall.

Neville spots me as I walk into the Hall. He waves me over and I nod. I walk over and he hands me a plate of eggs before kissing me quickly.

"How are you feeling?" He whispers. I shrug. "Okay." I whisper back. Rigel sits down across from me. "You okay?" He asks. I nod. He gives me a warm smile and I return a smaller one.

Harry walks over in his red uniform. He looks at all the food and I can tell he's as nervous as me. I hand him some toast and he looks at me as a show of thanks. Our other friend's come in and circle around us.

We all ear in silence, not wanting to talk. I lay my head on Neville's shoulder and watch my friend's quietly.

~~

We were allowed a parent or guardian to come down in the arena with us. I had dad with me and Sirius was with Harry.

Dad pulled Harry and I into a hug as soon as he got down here. Then Sirius did the same. Dad had handed me a calming draught because I was shaking so bad from fright.

"You'll be okay sweetheart." He kept whispering. I wasn't sure if he was saying that for my benefit or for his.

Dumbledore comes down and the band starts playing. All the champions came in, based on rankings. I came out first with my dad following me, seeing as I was in first place.

Harry comes out with Sirius trailing behind him. Once we're all out in the arena, Dumbledore signals for the band to stop.

"Professor Moody has hidden the cup deep within the maze. Miss Lupin will be the first to enter since she is in first place." Dumbledore says.

He waves a hand and the maze opens. I give dad one more hug and blow a kiss to Neville and Rigel. I take a deep breath before stepping into the maze.

~~

I hold up my wand since it was dark in the maze. "Lumos!" I whisper. My wand lights up and I walk forward.

A boggart suddenly pops out of nowhere causing me to scream. I see Neville, Harry, Rigel, Dad and Sirius on the ground dead, me above them. I gulp. "Riddikulus!" I shout.

The boggart disappeared and I kept walking, my wand lighting the way.

I turn a corner and see a large scorpion in the corner. Before it notices me, I lift my wand. "Petrificus Totalus!" I shout. The scorpion freezes and I sigh in relief.

Suddenly, I hear a scream from my right. I take off running and come upon Fleur, slowly being twisted under the maze by vines. "Stupefy!" I shout causing the vines to snap.

I reach under and pull Fleur out. I send up red sparks and wait for a teacher.

McGonagall pops in. "I've got her Miss Lupin. Go, you've wasted time here." She orders. I nod and take off running.

~~

Fleur was out, meaning it was Viktor, Cedric, Harry and myself left. I turn left and come face to face with Viktor. "Vik, thank goodness. You scared me." I say.

He comes closer and I look at his eyes. He's been put under a curse and by the color of his eyes I can tell it was the Imperious Curse. "Viktor, listen to me. You're not yourself. Fight it!" I tell him.