Chapter 5

The following day, after a long day, everyone including Durmstrang and Beauxbatons crowd into the Great Hall for the champion selection. I'm sitting by Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville and Rigel.

Dumbledore comes up into the middle of the Great Hall. "Now, the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection." Dumbledore announced. He waved his hand, dimming all of the lights in the room. Dumbledore walks up to the goblet and puts his hands on it.

The once blue flames, turn a blood red and a piece of parchment comes out. Dumbledore grabs it and reads it. "The Durmstrang champion is: Victor Krum!" Dumbledore states.

All the Durmstrang guys break into yells. Everyone else applauds. Victor shakes Dumbledore's hand before going over to a door and leaving the Great Hall.

The fire turns red again a blue piece of paper comes out. "The champion from Beauxbatons is: Fleur Delacour!" Dumbledore says.

Everyone applauds and Fleur walks up to Dumbledore. They shake hands and Dumbledore points her to the same door Victor went into.

Finally, the last piece of parchment comes out. "The Hogwarts champion is: Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore states. All Hogwarts erupts into cheers.

Once Cedric disappears, Dumbledore faces everyone. "Excellent! We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this challis of victory." Dumbledore says, pointing to something covered with a black cloth. "The tri-wizard cup!" Dumbledore says and the cloth flies off.

Snape suddenly steps down from where the professors were standing. Everyone's attention turns back to the cup. The flames start going crazy when suddenly, they turn red once more. Dumbledore walks over and shields his face.

Another piece of parchment comes out and Dumbledore catches it. He reads it and mumbled something.

"Harry Potter and Joscylene Lupin!" Dumbledore says. Harry and I look at each other before crouching back down. You can hear Hagrid denying it. "Harry Potter!! Joscylene Lupin!!" Dumbledore shouts. "Come on Harry. Joesy go!" Hermione pushes us.

I shrink into Harry's side and he holds me tight. We walk up to Dumbledore and he stares at us before handing Harry the paper. Harry leads us to the door, the both of us watching all the teachers faces.

McGonagall looks at us with pity before gently pushing us to the door. You can hear the protests of our fellow students behind us. Their cheats. Their not even 17 yet!

Harry and I get to the bottom of the stairs and into the trophy room. "Joesy?" Cedric asks. "What are you doing down here?" Cedric asks as Victor, Fleur and himself walk up to us. I burst into tears and Harry wraps me in his arms.

The professors all come down the stairs, yelling and shouting. Dumbledore rushes over and tears Harry from my grip. Cedric take some in his arms and I cry in his chest. "Harry! Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?" Dumbledore asks.

"N-no sir." Harry stutters. "Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?" Dumbledore asks. "No sir." Harry answers. Madam Maxiem comes in and shoves a hanging lamp out of her way. "Well of course he is lying." Maxiem says.

Moody comes to our defense. "To hell he is. The Goblet of Fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object. Only an exceptionally powerful Confundus charm could have hoodwinked it! Magic way beyond the talents of a couple fourth years." Moody says.