Chapter 18

It was a few months later and that meant the end of the year was approaching us. The third and final task was officially a month away. Harry and I had figured out that everything Hagrid had been teaching us in class would be in the final task. This scared me because a lot of the creatures were intense.

Hagrid was pleased when I went up to him one day after class and asked it the creatures had anything to do with the task. He said he had been dropping hints to us all year.

Harry, Rigel and I have gotten closer since the nightmare a few months ago. We were attached at the hip and teachers often say it's like our fathers all over again.

When Rigel and I told this to Dad and Uncle Sirius, they were ecstatic. The three of us have had more memories, only they've been happy ones. It makes me feel better knowing things about my mum.

We've also realized why Dad and Uncle Sirius had apparated after Voldemort had killed Uncle James. Dad had explained that before Uncle James had died, he said to get more Aurors. While Dad had did that, Sirius went and alerted Dumbledore.

Both men were weary about leaving the Potter's seeing as their kids and dad's wife were there. Especially since James, Lily and Harry were in danger.

The three of us were just lucky to get everything cleared up, all the new information bringing us closer than we were as babies.

~~

I was outside in the courtyard, laying down under a tree and looking at the clouds. It was a nice day and I had spent it reading since Dumbledore had given me the rest of the day off.

The bell rings, signaling the end of classes. I look up and see my friends coming out the castle door. Hermione points towards me and they all head over to me. Harry beside Rigel and Neville on the other side of Rigel. Hermione and Ron were bickering behind the three, no surprise there. Seamus and Dean were behind them a ways, talking about who knows what.

They all come over to the tree, dumping their bags in a pile. Neville sits on my left, kissing my cheek. Rigel sits on my right and gives me a side hug. Harry does the same only he lays in front of our feet.

"Class go okay guys?" I ask them. Hermione smiles. "It was good. Normal stuff though." She says. I nod. "How was your lesson?" Harry asks. I shrug. "Good. Dumbledore was helping me with my metamorphagus stuff." I say, tossing the book by my my bag.

We all sprawl out around the tree. Neville places his head on my lap as he lays down.

"When's the last task guys?" Hermione asks Harry and I. He looks to me. "In about a month. The task is two days before we leave." I say. Harry nods, looking back towards Hermione.

My friends and I all lay in the comfort of each other, not a care who sees us. I move my hand and Neville grabs it, interlocking our fingers.

I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.

~~

Someone picks me up from the ground. "Be careful with her Neville." Harry and Rigel whisper. "Don't worry guys. I'm not gonna drop her." I hear him say.

I curl into Neville's chest making them laugh. "Ron, you got Hermione?" I hear Rigel ask. "Yeah." Ron responded. "Let's go." Seamus says.

The boys head up to the castle carrying us girls. Suddenly, more footsteps are heard coming towards us. "Mister Weasley, Mister Longbottom, what's wrong with the girls?" I hear McGonagall ask.

"Nothing Professor. We were outside underneath a tree and they fell asleep." Neville says. "Alright. Make sure they get to their dormitories safely." She says. "Yes Professor." The boys say in unison.