Spyen shook her head. She wasn't sure if it was the words the man had said that were messing with her vision or if she was in fact looking at Agent Mays.

"Spyen get out of here!"

Spyen pulled in a breath and followed May's orders. She rushed down the hall, but the only thing that flooded her mind her flashes of blue and white light. It was difficult to concentrated on what she was doing, which is why she ran straight into Coulson. Spyen gave a shout of surprise and nearly fell to the floor.

Coulson steadied her before he spoke, "Where's May?"

Spyen shook her head, "She's uh, fighting herself."

Coulson took Spyen's wrist and rushed both of them back to the hotel room. Coulson had the painting under his arm and Spyen saw May wipe blood from her mouth.

"We gotta go."

Everything was suddenly moving too quickly for Spyen and she couldn't keep up, "What the hell is happening?"

Coulson looked down at her, "HYDRA is here."

Spyen took an intake of breath at the word and May noticed her change in behavior, "Spy, we gotta go. Do you hear me?"

Spyen's glazed eyes blinked a couple of times before she slowly nodded her head. The moments came and went to Spyen. It felt like seconds to her, but in reality almost two hours had passed. She couldn't remember how she ended up back at the base, but she had heads in her vision.

"Spyen? Hey, can you hear me?"

Spyen slowly came back into the moment and she shifted her gaze to May. Spyen gave a small nod, but it wasn't genuine.

"What exactly happened to her?" Spyen drifted off again as Skye spoke.

May put her hand to her hip, "The HYDRA agent that had us said a rhyme and she went into this catatonic state."

Spyen could hear the conversation, but she felt she couldn't do a single thing without an order.

Coulson pulled his arms across his chest and looked to Skye, "What did Ward tell you about brainwashing?"

Spyen tilted her head at the strange word and she was the one that answered Coulson with a monotonous tone, "He told Fitz not Skye."

Skye looked down at her sister and was honestly horrified at what she was witnessing, "Maybe I can take her to Ward, see if he knows anything."

Coulson let out a sigh, but knew that there wasn't much of an option. He gave a small nod and Skye took Spyen's hand.

Skye kept her hand around Spyen's wrist as she guided her down the hall. The little sister was aware of where she was going and what she was doing, but she couldn't put a reaction to any of it. She was waiting for her commands. Skye pushed the vault door open and pulled Spyen down the steps. The light in the cell slowly faded on and Ward furrowed his brows at the sisters. He took in how Spyen was carrying herself and he slowly stood from the bed.

"This is an odd visit."

Skye rolled her eyes, "Something happened to her."

Ward took a step forward and narrowed his eyes at her, "What?"

Skye shook her head, "A HYDRA agent said a rhyme and she went into this state."

Spyen had Ward in her eye line and she saw his eyes go wide.

Ward took a few more steps forward, "Are you ready to comply?"

Skye carefully watched the exchanged between the two.

Spyen tilted her head, "Happy to comply."

Ward let out a stressed sigh, "She's been brainwashed. The HYDRA agent must have activated her."

Skye took a small step from her sister, "When could this have happened?"

Ward gave a slight shake of his head; "It was probably when she was first training when she was adopted. They just haven't activated her until now."

"How do we stop it?"

Ward closed his eyes for a moment before looking up at Skye, "I can help her, but I need to physically touch her." Ward gestured to the barrier, "So this is going to have to come down."

Skye immediately shook her head, "No. How do I know you won't tell her to kill us or something?"

Spyen turned her head to Skye when she registered the word with such power attached to it. Skye jerked away from Spyen with a sigh. Skye pulled her gun from her belt and pulled it into a proper grasp, "For insurance, and I will not hesitate to shoot you."

Ward held up his hands to indicate that he would do nothing out of line. Skye let out a sigh before she reluctantly dropped the barrier and immediately trained the gun onto Ward's chest.

Ward took a few slow steps forward until he was within arms reach of Spyen. He gently set both of his hands on either of her shoulders and looked into her green eyes, "Clear your mind. Surrender and you will find release."

Spyen pulled in a satisfied breath, "I am ready to comply."

Ward glanced over at Skye before turning back to Spyen, "You are free."

Ward took a step back into his cell as the agent in front of him blinked a few times. Skye pulled the barrier back up as Spyen stumbled slightly on her feet and pulled a hand up to her head.

Spyen's headache was back, "What the hell?" She glanced from Ward to Skye and Skye was putting her gun back into her belt.

"Spy, are you okay?"

Spyen ignored her sister and looked up at Ward, "Did you...?"

Ward gave a nod, "You're welcome."

Spyen let out a breath and tried to swallow as much of her headache as she could, "Thanks."

Ward gave a soft smile to Spyen as Skye pushed her sister up the steps and away from the HYDRA agent.