The Quinjet docked onto the Bus and when the hanger door opened, Fury exited the jet. Spyen let out a breath before she followed her S.O. In the hallway of the exit stood an agent. Spyen has to rack her brain to put a name to her face and she finally recognized the woman. Melinda May. Agent May had her hands behind her back with a monotonous expression on her face, but Spyen didn't take offence to it.

"Director."

Fury let out a small smile, "Agent May."

That was the extent of the conversation between them as Agent May guided the two of them into Agent Coulson's office. Agent Phil Coulson stood from his desk chair as Fury and Spyen walked in. As usual, Fury got comfortable while Spyen stood at attention next to the door along with Agent May. There were no words exchanged for a few moments as Agent Coulson approached Fury, then suddenly the office was lit up in an angry expression as Agent Coulson exploded at Fury about project TAHITI.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid, and cruel, and very stupid!"

Spyen had to hold back her widening eyes at Coulson's tone.

Fury held up a hand, "I think you've made your point."

Coulson had more to say, "Why bring me back in the first place? Clearly, I didn't think it was the best idea. I warned you about people losing their minds."

Fury glanced over at Spyen before he answered Coulson, "Agent May was on top of the situation. She says you're fine. Aren't you?"

Coulson gave a small shrug as Fury continued, "It was a 'break glass in case of emergency' situation."

"Yes, but that emergency was supposed to be the fall of an Avenger."

Spyen couldn't help but let a small smile grow on her face as Fury sat forward, "Exactly."

Coulson took in Fury's words and his face fell.

"And I'm damn glad I did it, too. When you want to build something, you need a strong foundation. Now, you know how few people I trust, Coulson."

"You can count them on one hand."

Fury looked up at Coulson through his sunglasses, "And I'm not afraid to cut off fingers. The principle SHIELD was founded upon was pure."

"Protection."

Spyen glanced over at Agent May as she answered.

Fury gave a nod to May, "Protection. One word. Sometimes, to protect one man against himself; other times, to protect the planet against an alien invasion from another universe. It's a broad job description."

Coulson kept his tone soft, "No need to tell me."

Fury continued his speech, "But the belief that drives us all is the same, whether it's one man or all mankind."

"That they're worth saving." Coulson seemed to be getting what Fury was saying.

Fury slowly stood from the chair he was on, "That truth lives inside you, Coulson. Before it was torn apart, SHIELD was a lot of moving parts. But guys like you were the heart. Now," Fury held up a small black box in front of Coulson; the Toolbox. "You'll be the head."

Coulson gingerly took the box into his hand, "What is it?"

"A Toolbox to help you build it back up."

Spyen let out a small breath, as Coulson understood what Fury was asking of him, "You want me to start over, rebuild SHIELD."

Fury gave a small nod, "From scratch. Take your time and do it right." Fury finally looked over a Spyen.