Chapter 41

Maya's P.O.V.

I sat on the bed, with freshly washed hair and with a fresh pair of clothes on. I honestly don't know why, but I felt like getting ready.

And also because I didn't have anything else to do.

I could be on my phone, but there was a possibility that my step-mom would enter the room any time and catch me on my phone. That would be a dangerous situation - risking my only method of communication. And although I'm a daredevil, I know my limits.

I laid down on my bed and have been staring at the ceiling family for God knows how long, then I heard the doorbell ring. I instantly sat up, curiosity building up inside me.

Who could it be?

Oh my god, it could be Zayn himself! He could've-

I mentally slapped myself at that thought.

God, this whole liking-Zayn thingy is turning me immature and girlish.

Just then, I heard a knock and my step-mom's sickly-sweet voice.

"Beti, Rahul aaya hain tujhe dekhne." (Dear, Rahul has come to see you.) I opened the door to see my step-mom's fake smile and Rahul, standing there with a smile on his face.

I was confused.

What was he doing here?

"Chalo Maya, let's go." He said, taking my hand in his and leading me out of the house. I was dumbstruck.

I looked at my step-mom's face when I got into the car, and only saw her smiling. I decided to say nothing until we're at a safe distance from her.

"What just happened?" I asked him. He laughed.

"No seriously, how did the incarnation of the devil that is my step-mom let me out of the house? What cast did you spell on her?" I rambled.

"My charm sweetheart, always works." He said, winking. I rolled my eyes.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, staring out of the window.

"Secret." He said, with a mischievous smile on his face. He knew how much he annoyed me when he did that.

"Tell me!" I pleaded, but all he did was move his hands around his mouth as if zipping it. I sighed. I didn't need to know where we're going, as long as away from that hell.

I resigned to my usual habit of staring out of the window, observing everything keenly. After sometime, the crazy traffic toned down, the road became wider and the vehicle moved faster. I observed that we were moving away from the city. I looked around, and then my bulb lit.

"We're going to the airport!" I said all of a sudden. Rahul jumped up in surprise.

"Gosh, woman! Don't scare me! Can't you see I'm driving!" He said, still panicking from the sudden jolt.

Yeah, he gets a little panicked from sudden actions.

But I was too curious to acknowledge hiss discomfort.

"Why are we going to the airport? Tell me!" I said, completely ignoring him hyperventilating and then calming himself down, on purpose.

"Tum Jo chahe voh karo, mein tujhe kuch batane vala nahi hun. (Do whatever you want, I'm not telling you anything.)" He said, shaking his head. I pouted. But didn't ponder on it too much, because I wanted to be surprised by whatever he's gonna do.

I like surprises.

Soon enough, we reached the airport. Rahul led the car into the parking lot, but didn't park it. He was driving around the the lot, as if searching for someone. I didn't ask him, because it wouldn't be of much use anyway.

Finally he pulled up in a parking space and rolled down his window, and the person in the next car did the same. To my surprise, it was Kirti!

She laughed at me dropped jaw and shocked expression as she got down her car. Rahul closed my open mouth and got out of the car. He then opened my door. I came out of the car, confused.

What is she doing here?

Rahul went and hugged her, she hugged him back.

Wait a minute, how do they both know each other?

They both met only like a couple of times, and as far as I remember, didn't even talk to each other.

"How do you know each other?" I asked them, only to be laughed at. I ignored their laughs and continued to ask the questions that were boggling my mind.

"Ham yaha kya kar rahe hein? Mujhe yaha kyun leke aaye ho?" (What are we doing here? Why did you bring me here?) I continued. Rahul just gestured me to follow him, and Kirti smiled at me.

"So you're just gonna ignore my questions?" I asked them both. I could see Rahul's lips turn up in a smile. I let out a frustrated groan.

"Thodi der rukh na, sabhi questions ka answers mil jayenge." (Just wait for some time, you'll find all the answers to your questions) Kirti said, holding back a smile. I huffed, annoyed. We got into the airport and kept walking until we reached a person in fully-covered clothes reading a newspaper. Rahul tapped the man's shoulder and he turned around.

"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice" he said, in a very fake Indian accent, without even looking at us.

What?

"From what I’ve tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor fire." Rahul replied.

WHAT?

Then the man got up, took off his hat, sunglasses and fake moustache.

To my utter surprise, IT WAS ZAYN!!!

A/N : Dun dun dunnnnn! It's none other than Zayn the lover boy! What do you think is gonna happen next? I'd love a theory or two in the comments! ;)

And I'm sorry I again took 3 months to update. I'll be quicker this time. Bear with me. School is taking a toll on me.

I'll be back with another update sooner than the last time, until then Vote, Comment and Share!

And most importantly, keep smiling!

BYee!

-Tejaswee