The Alphas Possession - Chapter Sixteen

I wake up the next morning, ready to face the world. Just kidding. I woke up ready to go back to sleep again, however I did need to go school which sucked. Aunt Rose had told me yesterday that Dreen had been attacked by a group of hunters that targeted our pack and that he was staying at his father's place for now. I didn't know how many people were actually onto this. It was kinda cool.

I make my way downstairs after getting ready and hear voices talking, the voices happened to belong to my beloved parents and my Aunt. "Did you see it? How exciting," I hear my mother fan girl over something before I enter the living room. "Good morning Cher," she turns to me swiftly, grabbing hold of my arm and leading me into the kitchen.

"Actually mother, there's something I want to ask you," I take lead in this conversation, lifting up my hair to reveal the mark on my shoulder. She claps her hands childishly, a smile forming on her lips. "It's a mate mark, meaning your mate has found you and marked you as his," she explains, showing me her own that my father had given her. "Yeah, so my mate found me buttt, I don't know who it actually is?" I mutter, shrugging when my mother's eyebrows raised in shock. "Uh, I'll talk to your father about that, you just go to school," she tells me before leaving the kitchen.

I leave the house, my parents and Aunt dropping me off at the front door. Then I remembered that Dreen was and had always been been my drive to school. Buttt, he was currently recovering from the attack. Meaning I would've had to have walked to school if it hadn't been for Aaron appearing in his car. What a lifesaver. You're welcome. I roll my eyes at the voice in my head, walking/skipping to Aaron's car. He opens the passenger seat door and I slip inside, sitting in the passenger seat. "Morning Cher," he smiles before driving off.

"Thank you Aaron," I turn to face him, who out of nowhere hugged me. "Actually, thank you my ma-," He quickly pulled away due to loud banging on the window. I'm pulled out of the car by the one and only Valerie who drags me through a crowd of people who was watching from outside. "Okay, you have some explaining to do Cheryl," Valerie sits me down on a bench in a quieter area of the school.

"Well, there's honestly nothing going on between us Val. I mean the most is that he bought me ice cream to make up for what happened," I explain sheepishly, Valerie making tutting noises. "Good, you wouldn't want Royalty.. On your back.." Valerie places her hand on my shoulder, her voice fading out slowly causing me to look up to be met by the devil herself followed by a small group of people.

I get up and stand besides Valerie who had her arm out in front of me. "Cheryl. Valerie," Royalty speaks out, extending her arm slowly. "Royalty, I know what you want and what you're doing, it stops now," Valerie growls causing Royalty to put her arm down after one of her lackeys whispered something into her ear. "I'll deal with you later," she turns around, her group following her. "We should get going now.." Valerie looks at her watch, walking ahead of me to class.

Valerie's mood had seemed to have changed since our encounter with Royalty which kinda bugged me. It was as if Valerie wanted to tell me something but couldn't. When the class was dismissed for break I rushed over to Valerie who was gone by the time the crowds had dispersed. I was left alone. Great. I found myself walking to the girls toilet, locking myself in a stall.

I hear the door open and a set of voices speaking. "He's found his mate, and its her?" I hear a voice I know too well shriek. "She needs to go. She's getting in the way," Royalty murmured out, her lackeys agreeing with her. I slowly opened the stall door, slipping past her to the mirror. "Speak of the devil," I look in the mirror and make eye contact with Royalty who laughs. "Infact let's have that conversation now."

A/N dun dun dunnnn ~~