Tripping Point Of Three

Začít od začátku

"Ah! I was to-" Lance started to talk, but suddenly a servant intercepted him.

" Apologies for my rudeness." The old manservant said as he lowered his head as the two took notice of him. "Sir Deviate the king is asking for your presence."

Chris then thanked the man and said." Thank you, please relay to the king that I'll be there in a little while."

The man once again bowed then went to the direction of the king's office. Chris then once again give her attention to the brunette once again." So what do you want to say again?"

"Never mind it." Lance said as he sees the minister of affairs in a distance.

"I can always say it for another time. And besides go to the dragon's nest and appease the dragon. He was not in a very good mood in these past few days." He laughing a little that seems to hold a bit of nervousness. He then signaled that he is now going without giving Chris a chance to acknowledge the gesture.

Chris only then understand when she saw the minister of affairs have a dark look behind her. No wonder he seems to be slightly restless because the demon was behind me all along.

°°°°°°°°°

At his office, Alfred watched in envy as he sees Lance and Chris talk. In the way they talk intimately in a way that he, who is very infuriated with her never have an opportunity to have. Never she let herself be with him. Smile of hers, was not ever present whenever they see each other, to the point of him keep on wishing to go back of their time as a child. He is very jealous of his best friend for something he knew that will and ever be rare as a blood moon for him -a moment of unguarded them.

For three days he often find them together when he take a look at Chris. Seeing those two having fun in their conversation made him wish they could be like that too. With no longer being professional with each other and be two people of same standing. In a way that they would no longer kept on thinking thoroughly of what they are going to say to each other. How he just wish that even for a moment they can be...just for a little while...

She was just in front of him, talking about their kingdom. Stratagem for any possible disputes- war or anything that will take away the kingdom's peace, new training routine for the soldiers, upcoming festive and many more was discussed; but never it was about them ever talked about.

Out of the blue a question of hers bought forth his long suppress emotions unto surface. Passion that he restrained, anger he felt and disbelief of their life's absurdity. His pride as a sovereign cast aside leaving the desperate him who long and strives to catch the woman in front of him.

"Is it true that your marriage with the princess is near?" Chris said with impassive face and voice.

It hurt Alfred to see her like that. To witness her trying to dismiss of their growing affections and see her inner self slowly die. He never wanted to behold the sight of her like this ever again.

Although he is hurt of the sight, his emotions on other hand was raging and untamable. A rational part of him tells him to hold himself back as it will make him regret the outcome. But sadly due to him taken off guarded by the question he wasn't able to hold back and his tenseness over the past days over her sudden disappearance have made him very paranoid.

What made him angry was not her good intentions, but rather her choice to push him towards another woman. And the said woman was not even worthy to stand in front of his throne's steps.

He was greatly wrong when he accepted the king of Mare's proposal. That he is also very short-sighted of perceiving the other as a great king. For after some background checking he is actually no king.