Tripping Point Of Three

The Princess had stayed at the castle for a month. People had assumed that she is Alfred's choice of queen.Nobles approach her one after another as they curry favour from the princess. Their motives are obvious though, they want to rise in power by using the princess. Some people though who haven't done such acts have speculated that the princess were also using those nobles to pressure Alfred into marriage.

These group of people who have not joined the changing of the current within the aristocratic circle are people who had once met Alfred one way or another.Although it might not be on the level where they became acquaintances, it is already enough to make them see his character. The reason they didn't joined the others in riding the same boat with the princess is that they didn't have a favourable impression with the royalty of the kingdom of Mares. They believe that Alfred is wise enough to choose a woman who could rule alongside him who is benevolent, kind and brave.

Unknown by those nobles, the woman Alfred had chosen actually have the qualities they were looking for, but she have the whole thing on a different levels that she is much known as a man than a woman.

The woman known as Chris who the king fancies is braver than a man could possibly be, kind enough to help people when they ask for help and benevolent enough to keep her enemies breathing until they wished to die themselves. People might not know about her gender, but she's famous enough to make people tremble with admiration and fear. Her accomplishment are unprecedented that she earned the title prodigy in things that is related to war may it be being a strategist, a commander or a combatant soldier that people found her a monster of all monsters.

But then again she might be known as a man she still has responsibilities a woman. Unlike proper ladies of the upper class, she doesn't have the privilege of hiring private tutors and having proper training regime as a noble woman she is. The one who served her teacher was a an old maid that served Alfred's mother as a lady-in-waiting. Under the old maid's teaching she isn't far from those upper class ladies, but still hard for her to act as a lady when a time comes for her to reveal herself.

"Chris!" A voice interrupted Chris as she was practicing with her sword. The man had a caramel colored hair with gentle brown eyes. He was making his way to the training area that Chris was occupying.

"Lance." The genderless 'boy' stood at the center of the field with a sword in his hand. 'His' long brown hair and ever bright brown eyes cast a glance at the man who was coming near 'him'. 'His' cherry lips slightly turn upwards as she welcome the man. "Aren't you suppose to be working?"

Being reminded the man just shrug his shoulders. He arrived around a week ago to help organise the celebration of the foundation of the kingdom. Since he is of a noble rank -a high one at that and is very close to the king he was expected to at least help a little.

"Nah, I'll come back to those later." The brunette said.

For those who did not know him they would probably faint for having their image of him break like a fragile glass. Chris one of the few who knew of this side of him could only sigh. The minister of affairs will probably going to fume again. So much of the king most trusted...

"So, what do you want with me?" Chris as she put away her sword. Making sure they its in good condition then sheathing it.

"Ah, I kind of forget it." Lance said as he scratch his head. He then put his finger below his chin as he tries to remember what he wants to say. Thinking for awhile he suddenly smacked his fist into his hand.