My Lifeline ❤

Chapter 24 :

Ginny Weasely was staring Hermoine. Why is she having Harry's broom and the invisibility cloak? Is she hiding something from me? Ginny thought to herself.

"Mione, why are you carrying Harry's broom and the invisibility cloak??" asked Ginny, looking suspiciously at her. Hermione was speechless, Ginny was staring her suspicious, what excuse shall she give? Think Hermoine! Think!
Ginny waved her hand,"Mione??" Hermione was snapped out from her thoughts, blinking twice. Ginny did not miss this.

"Ginny, sshhh Harry can hear us.." said Hermoine in a low voice. Ginny was very confused. Why would Hermoine hide something from Harry? Ahh this is making her more suspicious.

"Quidditch match is approaching Ginny! I'm hiding Harry's broom. We both know how adamant Harry is to play against the Slytherin's, and he has to be on bed rest for next two days. We can't risk him playing and getting back to the hospital wing. So I'm hiding it!" said Hermoine in a hushed voice.
Ginny's eyes beamed with happiness. Definitely, Harry was in no condition to play the match. And hiding his broom would be just perfect!! She couldn't hold her excitement and hugged her, "Wow, Mione you are genius! Should I help you finding a place to hide it ?" asked Ginny.

"No, Ginny. Harry's in the common room and he'll get suspicious if he finds both of us missing, besides he won't be suspicious at all if I hide his broom." said Hermione, wishing that Ginny would be satisfied with her answer. "Oh yes Mione, you are correct. I'll go and distract Harry. Come back fast!" said Ginny. And with that Hermione sighed and left. This day was really tough on her.....

Covering her body with the invisibility cloak, she then takes the broom and leaves for Dumbledore's office.

____________________________________________

At Slytherin Common Room :

"Where's Draco? I haven't seen him since afternoon. Have you seen him, Blaise?" asked Pansy, with a pout. "Why do you care, Pansy ? Just mind your own business and stay away from him!" hissed Blaise. "Shutup, Zabini. Mind you I'm the next Lady Malfoy! Don't talk to me in that manner!" said Pansy who had a smirk plastered on her face. She is so confident about being married to Draco. As she had been his girlfriend in the second year and have had physical relationship with him.
He broke up with her in the third year, reason not being known, and had been single since then. Only Blaise knows the reason. Blaise was now grinning, "Seriously Pansy, don't live in the world of your dreams. I assure you, you will never be the next Lady Malfoy. Don't get your hopes high. Draco loathes you ! Besides I don't think Malfoys would want to associate themselves with the Parkinsons. Your dad made them pay a huge price, didn't he ? And after what your family has done with the Malfoys, do you think you stand a chance against him? Go and snog someone else!" said Blaise, gritting his teeth.

Pansy's mouth was wide open. As she was about to throw him an insult, Blaise interrupted her and said, "And Aunt Cissy is dead! Hope you and your family must be happy now, you will be in Dark Lords higher ranks!" and with that he left the common room, anger boiling inside him. Draco was more like his brother, they have been best friends since childhood. He knows, how protective Draco is about his mother and what he must be going through at this tough moment.

Pansy gasped. She was speechless. Narissca Malfoy is dead?? She must be definitely tortured to death. What about Draco? Where is he now?

____________________________________________