Chapter 45: Her Plea

Outside the Wang Mansion, Chen Hua Lan eyes flashed with resentment at the closed doors. Fa Wei Lan's words had struck her pride deeply.

"Sister..." Chen Kang was concerned with his sister's silence rage.

"Kang di-di, please help jie-jie"

Chen Hua Lan turned to her brother - her eyes suddenly filled with desperation. Chen Kang was worried because he knew what his sister wanted.

"Help jie-jie talk to father"

"Sister, it will be of no use" Chen Kang tried to be as gentle as possible. "You know Wang Feng would not agree"

"Why wouldn't he?"

Chen Kang's heart breaks at the confusion and hurt in his sister face. All their lives, they've received everything before they even they desire it. Everywhere they go, they would gain admiration and love. Because of this, Chen Hua Lan couldn't understand her brother's concern.

"Wang Feng only has eyes for his Wang Fei..."

"Wang Feng has eyes for jie-jie as well. Does di-di not see how Wang Feng looks at jie-jie? 1 year ago..." Hua Lan eyes soften as she recall the beautiful memory. "At our home in Ming Province, our hearts were connected as soon as our eyes met. I know Wang Feng heart beats for me when he saw Hua Lan"

"Sister... Even at that time, he was already engaged to_"

"He did not speak of her even once when he was in Ming" Chen Hua Lan cut in sharply, not wanting to hear the other woman's name. "Instead, he protected the crown prince... He protected us. Wang Feng protected Hua Lan while we were in Ming"

"Sister..." Chen Kang heart hurts more at his sister delusion.

"Did Wang Feng not also protect and save Hua Lan a few months ago in the lake?" Hua Lan asked her brother, challenging him to refute. "Kang di-di... Please help jie-jie talk to father. Tell father jie-jie wish to be Wang Feng's wife"

"Sister, Wang Feng already has a wife. He said he won't take another. Do you not remember the banquet a few weeks ago?"

Chen Hua Lan shook her head.

"Sister, please give up. Di-di  will find a better man for sister. A hundred times better than Wang Feng"

Chen Hua Lan shook her head even more as her eyes begin to fill.

"Sister, how can Kang ask this knowing that man will only make fun of_"

"Wang Feng will accept Hua Lan"

"Sister..."

"Please Kang! Please Kang... Help jie-jie"

Sadly, Chen Kang could never turn away from his sister's plea. To him, his sister was the most important person in the world.

"Kang will do his best..."

When his sister hugged him happily, Chen Kang only felt worried.

And he was right to worry. Once he mentioned his sister wish to his father, his father immediatelyscolded. The Prime Minister was not a stupid man. He clearly understood Wang Feng and his temper. He understood – like everyone else, that this Wang Feng only had eyes for one woman. That woman was his Wang Fei. The banquet with the Ruichai country was proof that Wang Feng only cared for Fa Wei Lan. The man had not only insulted a royal princess of a neighboring country, he made it absolutely clear that he will not take another woman into his home.

"Has your sister lost her mind?" The prime minister shouted. "Did she not witness that night at the banquet? Does she not remember Princess Fa Wei Lan words? Does she want to be Wang Feng's concubine so badly that she is willing to live outside the main house – only to be visited if Wang Feng feels like it?"

Chen Kang heart clench at each word spoken by his father. Chen Kang, of course, knew every word was true.

"Father" Chen Hua Lan suddenly appears. "Wang Feng will not treat Hua Lan so. He will come every day to see Hua Lan"

The prime minister was fuming with disbelief and anger.

"You have lost your mind Chen Hua Lan. You have lost yourself to Wang Feng's looksand strength." The prime minister was disappointed. "You are my daughter, the loveliest and fairest throughout the western region. You are the Beauty of the West. You are one of the country most beautiful women. To have fallen so desperate, I will not allow it"

"Father, please" She went to her knees, letting the tears fall from her eyes. "Why don't you believe in your daughter's beauty? That she could capture Wang Feng's heart? Why do you not believe that Hua Lan may have already have his heart? When he was in Ming, his eyes were_"

"Wang Feng was in Ming not for you. His duty was for the crown prince!" Prime minister shouted. "From the beginning, I already warned you that General Wang Feng was engaged to another. I cautioned you not to get to close or you'll be burn? Why did you not listen to your father's instruction?"

"Father_"

"And that princess, Fa Wei Lan. What make you think Wang Feng will ever leave her? Daughter, are you that blind to see that Wang Feng is wrapped tightly around Fa Wei Lan's finger"

The prime minister was tired, sad, and completely disappointed.

"Do not speak of this anymore. I will not make a fool of myself. I will not turn my own daughter into a laughing stock to the entire country. As my daughter, you are meant to wed as a Fei, not a concubine to anyone – not even to Wang Feng"

"Father!" Hua Lan was in tears with frustration and anger.

Her father never spoke to her so angrily. Her father never raised his voice at her. But that day, he scolded her, yelled at her, and refused her wish. When he walked away, he completely ignored her tears.

"Sister..."

After their father left, Chen Kang went to his sister and helped her to her feet.

"Di-di" Hua Lan buried her tearful face into her brother's chest. "Please help jie-jie"

Chen Kang held onto his sister as she cried.

"Wang Feng... Hua Lan must have him" Hua Lan cried painfully as she gripped onto her brother's robe. "From the beginning, before Fa Wei Lan, Wang Feng should have been Hua Lan's. Hua Lan should be the one to receive Wang Feng's love and adoration. The one who should stand beside him, to love him, should have been me... Kang di-di, please help jie-jie"

Holding onto his sister small shaking back, Chen Kang kept silent. His eyes showed pain and worries. He didn't know what he could do.

"What does sister wants Kang to do?"

She lifted her head to look up at him with malice clearly shown through her teary eyes.

"Kang di-di... please get rid of her, get rid of Fa Wei Lan"

Chen Kang's eyes widened at his sister words. His sister had always been kind and pure. For the first time, he heard her say such ruthless words. Even now, with tears staining her beautiful cheeks, Chen Hua Lan eyes showed determination.

"Only when she's gone will father agrees... only when she's gone, that jie-jie can get close to Wang Feng..."

Chen Kang's heart shook at the unstoppable change in his sister.

"Kang di-di... Please help jie-jie"

In silence, he held his sister as she continues to cry. The memory of the girl in blue and her big eyes begin suddenly appear in his mind. For the first time in his life, Chen Kang heart was conflicted between two women.