Chapter nine. You have to catch me.

"What do you mean he passed away?" I asked tears rolling down my cheeks. 

 "That's what she said, that he passed away last night in his sleep." Micheal rubbed his eyes. 

 "But, why?" 

 "Babe, he was old 77 to be precise. He died of old age I guess, I know he's not the oldest person ever but think about it 77 years on this earth. He was in love for most of his life. Him and my grandma have been together 57 years, he purposed to her after five years but they decided to wait a little longer for the wedding." He signed. "But my point being is, would you love to be that kind of person?" 

 "I-I don't understand." I forced my tears back. 

 "I mean being in love for so long, if you think about it. You can love one person more than anything for a whole 57 years and never grow tired of them. That is true love, and that's what everybody tries to achieve out of life. To be someone else's reason to stay here." He now looks up from his hands. His eyes searching mine. 

 "That's a good point." I smile. He opens his arms after sitting with his back against the arm of the sofa. I crawl onto his lap and his arms wrap round me, and he kisses the top of my head. 

 "We are the lucky ones today aren't we?" He signs. 

 "I guess we are." I whisper.

 "Do you want to come and visit my gran tomorrow? I go and see how see is.. Well I know she won't be good, she's there now on her own.. But I think she'd like to see us." He buried his face into the crook of my neck, and kissed me. 

 "I'd like that. Am I staying here tonight?" I wrapped my arms around him. I could feel his head nod as my response. 

 And then we both feel asleep. 

--------

 Michael's P.O.V

 "Ella." That din't work. "Babe" Neither did that." "Koala." I poke her even harder. Then I think of the only other way to wake her. my lips press to hers. I can tell she awake when she moves her lips with mine, but that dosen't stop me. 

 Then she pushes away from me. "I'm awake. I'm awake." She smiles. 

 "I know I just wanted to carry on." I smirk. Somehow when we were asleep, we managed to move positions, from her in my lap, she was now lay on top of me. 

 "Okay then." She laughs and smashes her lips to mine. My hands on her hips, keeping her body pressed to mine. Her hand running through my hair and the other on my chest. My hand traveled under her t-shirt and pinched her sides, causing her to smile in the kiss. I did it again and she hit me on my chest.

Our lips parted and she rested her chin on my chest, her bid blue eyes looking at me. All I could think was 'wow, she's beautiful.' But then her stomach rumbled, she buried her face into my chest as we both laughed. 

 "I take it your hungrily then." I sarcastically say. 

 "Not at all." She rolls her eyes. 

 "Well then I guess you can wait." 

 "What no! I'm starving." She gets up off me. 

 "I was joking babe." I smile. 

-------------

  "Hello my love, come on in. Oh you brought beautiful Ella to." My gran exclaimed. I gave her a quick hug before walking onto the house. I watched Ella embrace her in a big hug. 

 "I so sorry Mary, how are you?" Ella sniffled. 

 "Well it's a bit of a shock love, but... I just can't believe hes gone." My gran cried out.