"How did you get back so fast?" she interrogated.

"I ran! Why do you have mom's kitchen knife?"

"I thought you were a predator!" She exclaimed before taking a glance at the gnarly bite on her brother's side. "What happened to you?"

"I think I got bit by a wolf."

"A wolf? Scott, there haven't been wolves in California for over 60 years." Violet said, dismissing his statement.

"I heard a wolf howling." Scott tried.

"That's not possible," she sighed, "are you okay?"

Her brother sighed, "mostly. I'm just gonna put a bandage on it and go to bed. You riding with me to school tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow" was Violet's first day as a freshman at Beacon Hills High School. Needless to say she was both excited and nervous. The girl nodded at her brother, "That reminds me. I have to get my bike out of the garage." Violet remembered, walking out of Scott's room, heading down to the kitchen to put the knife back, and back to her own room as she started getting changed.

✦✧✦

The next morning, the McCall siblings rode to school together on their bikes. Upon their arrival to the parking lot, Scott gestured to the bike rack by the front entrance to the school and parked their bikes adjacently.

Scott hopped off his bike and began chaining it to the rack when a silver Porsche quickly pulled into the parking space behind him. Upon opening the car door, it hit Scott on his ass. The guy got out of the car and looked at the door, then gave Scott a death glare, "watch the paint job." He said.

Scott didn't reply, so Violet took the initiative and did it for him, "you bumped into him, asshat!" She called after him. Scott's eyes widened as if he were asking his sister what she had just done. The conversations going on around them slowed to a halt and everyone was now looking at Violet and the guy who'd bumped into her brother.

"Excuse me?" The guy asked after he turned around. He held a lacrosse stick in his bag, so Violet concluded that he and Scott probably knew each other. She almost immediately regretted her actions.

"You...heard—me?" She stuttered more as a question than a statement.

"And, who are you, exactly?" He asked. Scott looked mortified and was about to run away, but soon realized he couldn't abandon his little sister. Not now, anyway.

"She's my sister." Scott owned up, although his tone didn't express it proudly.

"Well, that little stunt could almost cut you from an opportunity at first line, McCall. Watch your back." He said in a snarky tone before walking off and muttering something about freshmen under his breath.

"Who was that?" Violet asked as she and Scott walked to the main entrance of the school.

"Jackson. Captain of the lacrosse team and class A jerk." Scott replied.

"You can say that again." Violet said as they approached Stiles, who was waiting eagerly for Scott and proceeded to run over to the siblings.