She suddenly realized this might not have been the best night to go running.

Then, several, smaller beams of light were flashing all over the place. Violet stopped running when she saw the flashlights and sneakily made her way towards them.

Then she began to pick up words from a conversation, "Scott! Scott, you out there?" Called a man; the sheriff as she came to recognize his voice. Violet realized that the name being called was her older brother's as she noticed Stiles standing across from his father.

"What? Scott? Scott's—Scott's home. Said he wanted to get some rest before lacrosse try outs tomorrow." Stiles said. Violet walked over to the pair. Stiles turned around at the sound of her footsteps and jumped when he saw how close she was.

"Violet? What are you doing out here at this hour?" The sheriff asked.

"I'm just going for a run. But I think I might just go back home considering you guys are probably looking for something important." Violet said.

"I think that's a good idea. Stiles, why don't you take this lovely lady home on your way?" He suggested. "And I'll talk to you later." He directed at his son.

"Sure thing. C'mon Vi, let's go." Stiles said, defeated.

Violet looked over at Stiles and noticed her brother pressed up against a tree in the distance and gave Stiles a look of knowing. Stiles looked her in the eyes with a pleading face before touching the girl's shoulder and walking back to his Jeep.

"What about Scott?" Violet asked when she closed the car door.

"We can't go back or else my dad is gonna see Scott, and I don't want him getting into any trouble." Stiles said, starting the engine and driving back to the McCall residence.

✦✧✦

Violet hopped out of the car and was about to walk away from the Jeep when Stiles stopped her, "hey, if Scott doesn't get back by sunrise, call me."

"Gotcha." Violet replied, giving him a two finger salute before walking back into the house.

Trudging over to her room, Violet took her shoes off and glanced out the window. She saw two, small, red beams seemingly looking at her through the window, but they disappeared quickly.

What the hell? She asked herself, but shrugged it off as she walked over to the bathroom and began stripping down so that she could shower.

Violet turned the shower on and set the water on hot. After stepping in when it got warm, she let the water coat her body as she ran her hands through her hair. It was a typical night where she was the only one home. Mom was at work, and Scott was out.

As she was almost finished, she heard a thump outside the bathroom. It sounded like it had come from the front door. Her suspicions ruled out her brother as the culprit considering he was probably lost in the woods somewhere. And it wouldn't have been her mother because she had left for work about an hour or so beforehand. And it couldn't have been—well, there was a good possibility it was Stiles again.

Turning the water off, the young girl wrapped herself in a towel and exited the bathroom. Going down to the kitchen, she grabbed the biggest knife she could find and made her way around the first floor, scanning for anything suspicious, then went upstairs. Scott's bedroom light was on.

Violet walked cautiously into her older brother's room and walked into the bathroom when she saw the door open. "Scott?" She called.

The figure turned around and jumped when it saw Violet holding the blade at them. "Vi! What the hell are you doing?"