Hinata Shoyo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
soulmate au where one can feel the pain that his or her soulmate is feeling
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sounds of pencils writing on paper, students coughing from time to time, and pencils rolling down from desks fill the room as you are writing a math test in your cram school. This test will demonstrate your skills and whether you are ready for university or not. One may say that it's too early for you to worry about such things, considering how you're only in your first year of high school but one can never start too soon, you think.

Different formulas float around in your mind as suddenly you feel a sharp pain stinging in your head, causing you to grab your head with both hands to somehow ease the pain. It feels as though something bounced against your head, reminding you of how you once got hit by a football in P.E. You cannot supress a loud groan which gains the attention of many fellow students and also the teacher. "Miss (L/N), is everything alright?" The teacher asks you slightly concerned before telling the other students to proceed solving their tests. "I think my soulmate got hit by a ball or something. It's nothing. I'm sorry." You explain and then continue with your test.

As the pain slowly fades away, another bounce hits your head. "Ugh, stupid idiot." You curse your soulmate silently as you place your left hand against your forehead. "Miss (L/N), you may take the test another day if you're not feeling well." Your teacher reminds you. "No, it's really nothing- OUCH!" You try to assure but then you feel the same pain again. "What is that person doing?" You exclaim annoyed, making a few people snigger. "I am asking you to leave, Miss (L/N), this is for your own good." The teacher says as he approaches you and begins to lead you out of the room. "No, it's okay. I only need SPP-pills and everything will be alright." You try to convince your teacher but he already has lead you out of the room. "I'm afraid the soulmate pain preventions will only begin to work shortly after we are finished with this test, even if you took them right now." He explains.

"Look, Miss (L/N), you may take the test tomorrow. You're lucky it's only one test you have to retake." Your teacher informs you. "But I was almost done. This...this is unfair." You mumble frustrated but decide to leave the building nevertheless.

Surprisingly, your friend, Yachi, is already waiting for you outside. "Yachi! You're already done?" You ask in awe. "Our class began a bit earlier, so yeah. You're done too?" She asks you while smiling. "Almost. I got thrown out for disrupting the class with my pain. I have to take the math test tomorrow." You explain before then heaving a heavy sigh. "Your soulmate again? You should have taken the SPP-pills." Your blonde friend states. "I can handle the pain my soulmate usually goes through but I didn't foresee my soulmate deciding to smash their head against the wall or something."

"Did they really do that?" Yachi suddenly gasps. "No, it was a metaphor. I think they got hit by a ball, many times in a row, in the head. It's still going on." You sigh. Out of a sudden, Yachi fumbles through her bag and takes out a package of SPP-pills which she then hands you. "Here, you need them more than me." She says with a bright smile. You nearly tear up at how kind your friend is and attack her with a hug. "Yachi! You're so nice!" You exclaim while taking the pills and putting them into your bag without consuming one.

"But that reminds me, I have to check on the volleyball club. Will you join me?" Yachi suddenly exclaims in realisation. "Did the soulmate part or the pain part remind you?" You ask curiously, knowing about her little crush on Kiyoko. "The pain part. One of our club members, Hinata, gets hit by a ball all the time." She answers while blushing, making you chuckle.

You link arms with Yachi and then proceed to walk to your school. "Come on, come on. Let's go to your Princess Charming." You tease as you drag her all the way there.