Iwaizumi Hajime

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
soulmate au where one stops ageing when turning 18. one commences to age again once one finds his or her soulmate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can't believe this is our place now." You state proudly as you observe the empty living space before you. With a smile you turn to look at your best friend Iwaizumi Hajime who also seems to share the same emotions as you do. "It's surprising that this isn't a scam, considering how little rent we pay for this big apartment." He jokes while putting down a few boxes that he has carried into the apartment. "The best thing about it is that it's only a five minute walk away from our university. This is the best!" You say in awe as you begin to spin around in glee. "Now let's unpack already!"

The two of you, along with Oikawa, have been childhood friends for as long as you can remember and now you both have entered the same university in Tokyo. Because it would have been a long way to university, you have decided to rent an apartment near it. Your parents, of course, wouldn't have let you go on your own, so they were rather relieved to hear that Iwaizumi would be there to protect you. He is something like a guardian to you but you appreciate his vicinity very much. You don't even want to think about how lost you would be without him.

"A shame that Tooru isn't with us." You sigh, the two of you now carrying a sofa into the living room. "That shittykawa has gone and done it. Entering the national volleyball team. That bastard." Iwaizumi utters but laughs while doing so. "You sound lonely, Hajime." You point out, knowing what he's feeling exactly. "I am not." Iwaizumi lies. "Don't worry. The gym they train at is only thirty minutes away." You reassure, also teasing him. "Good for that trashhead Tooru, united with his love Ushikawa."

"You should have seen his face when he found out Ushikawa got on the team too." Iwaizumi now laughs which doesn't cease to make you chuckle too. "I'm gonna miss Tooru." You sigh as the two of you continue to fill your living room with furniture. "I think he'll miss us more. After all, he is the one who cried at our graduation." Iwaizumi states while wiping away the sweat from his forehead. "Oh, (Y/N)-chan, Iwa-chan, we've been together through kindergarden, elementary school, middle school, and high school and now we have to part. The two of you get to stay together, I'm so jealous." You mock Oikawa's crying which makes you both laugh.

"So this is what you do when you're alone? Making fun of me?" A voice suddenly speaks from the back of the room, so Iwaizumi and you turn around to look at the person speaking. "Tooru! What brings you here?" You jump up and hug your other best friend happily. "Pretending like nothing happened, I see." Oikawa mumbles to himself nonchalantly before answering you, "We don't have practice today, so I thought I'd help you set up your apartment."

"I know you'll stay young forever but you still shouldn't strain your body this much." Iwaizumi tells Oikawa who now reacts offended. "What do you mean forever? I bet I'll age along with (Y/N)-chan." Oikawa chimes while hugging you. "As if, Shittykawa!" Iwaizumi, surprisingly, yells more angrily than usually.

Oikawa's eyes widen for a moment as though in awe about Iwaizumi's sudden outburst but he swiftly returns to his goofy self. "Anyways, let me help you~"

.~.

"Class dismissed" The professor of your class announced, causing everyone to applaud and cheer. "Ahh~ The second year over just like that! Can't believe it!" You exclaim while stretching contently. "Finally. Only two more to go." Iwaizumi jokes while poking your cheek. "Let's go." He stands up and motions you to follow him, therefore you do.

The two of you have now officially finished your second year at university, so you made plans with some of your friends to celebrate not only that but also the occasion that everyone of your friends can drink legally now.