Tsukishima Kei

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
soulmate au where you can read
your soulmate's mind at a random
time that you cannot choose
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School is such a bother to you. Doing extra work for school after school is way too much, you think.

You curse your homework in your mind as you solve some math problems. While solving them, you rub your head annoyed.

"She's such an idiot." You suddenly hear in your head, knowing exactly that these thoughts are about you. These are your soulmate's thoughts in your head.

"Not my fault we're getting these stupid homeworks." You mutter to yourself as you continue to do your homework while scowling.

Somehow it makes you feel like your soulmate only thinks insulting things since these are the only thoughts shared with you. You sometimes wonder what he gets to hear from you.

When you were younger, you used to say 'idiot' in your head all day long, hoping your soulmate would hear it. Thinking back to those days, you ask yourself if those were the only things you cared about.

Now you have to care about school, grades, getting a job, and all other grown-up stuff that you are not ready for. You would be lying if you said that you aren't stressed out.

You stop your thoughts of nostalgia as you realize you don't know how to solve the next problem of your math homework. Looking at the problem, you start thinking intensely, trying to figure out how to solve it.

"THE ANSWER'S 5 GOD DAMNIT!" A voice shouts in your head after five minutes of you thinking about the problem, causing you to flinch at the sudden disruption of your thoughts. "Thanks, soulmate." You giggle as you write down the answer.

Sometimes a soulmate is quite handy.

.~.

You pack your bag and exit your classroom in order to walk to the next class. The bag you're carrying on your shoulder is far too heavy for a teenager in puberty, in your opinion.

With a bad mood, you stroll through the hallways of your school, hoping for the day to go by fast.

Suddenly, you bump into someone, making your day even worse. "Watch where you're going!" "Watch where you're going!" You suddenly hear twice. One time from the person you bumped into and the other time from the thoughts of your soulmate.

You flinch due to this coincidence. Looking at the person whom you have bumped in to, you notice his intense height. You look at his face and notice him glaring at you, waiting for an apology from you.

"Not my fault that your head is up in the clouds and unable to see that you're the one at fault." You snap at him even though you know you're the one at fault.

"Tch." The tall teen exclaims angry as he walks away. "That's right, you stupid bean pole!" You think to yourself, letting out your bad mood on the guy.

"What did you just say?" You hear the boy's voice ask, making you shiver slightly. Wondering if you said your thoughts out loud, you turn your head back to look at the tall boy. "I didn't say anything." You tell him. "But I thought something." You add in your thoughts, trying not to smirk.