ACT I, SCENE III | POWER OF GREED

Weakness is a guise

Weakness is a guise.
Wear it when they
need to know you're
human, but never
when you feel it.

- Leigh Bardugo

ACT I, SCENE III
[ POWER OF GREED ]

THEY STARED AT each other, waiting for the other to break the ice, metaphorically

THEY STARED AT each other, waiting for the other to break the ice, metaphorically. It was plangent; the silence. Barely moving, no words thrown.

It was a deadly match, pouncing each other with their withering stares. Rebekah's fingers itched and twitched, urging her to hit the man in front of her and flee.

No, she was not like that, she wasn't a coward like her father, like her deceased brother. She was courageous and daring like her mother, she wasn't utterly stupid like her though. She had logic, she had the mind to decipher things and think it through thoroughly.

One like this was an excruciating exception. Her mind ached to think of plausible deaths for that man, but her instinct had told her that he would not die easily. He is not supposed to suffer under her hands just yet.

"Are you that daft to think I would agree to your absurd endeavors?" Her lips twisted up to form a smirk and hands tapping over her wooden table.

König smiled like a hungry serpent preying over its dinner, he merely snapped his fingers before the ground had started to shake, the walls trembling. His hands closed together on top of the same table to where Rebekah's hands laid.

His eyes narrowed into slits, his eyes reflecting fog behind glass, swirling behind his eyes. "Perhaps you should rethink your sentence whilst I still let you," A puff of smoke escaped his lips. "Hurry, my patience runs thin."

While the objects from above the wooden planks, tables and everywhere else had started to drop, Rebekah still pursed her lips to prevent herself from spouting insults. It was difficult as it was in her nature to spit out the deafening truth from her harsh tongue. Her eyebrows shot up at the sudden thuds from outside her shelter; a hailstorm had come.