ACT I, SCENE II | DEVIL'S DEAL

I am not ruined,I am ruination

I am not ruined,
I am ruination.

Leigh Bardugo

ACT I, SCENE II
[ DEVIL'S DEAL ]

WHISPERS OF MADNESS were created everywhere she went, it was the first time they had seen her defend them

WHISPERS OF MADNESS were created everywhere she went, it was the first time they had seen her defend them. But it was not the first time she had done it. Countless of times she killed and tormented in secret, stirring away trespassers before they could even reach the city. It was a miracle for the foolish king to even go near her home, let alone enter it.

The clank of chains were heard all throughout the abhorring silence. Adelmo had been taken underground, a secret prison cell, a secret cage.

She strode down the stone made stairs that were built underground and visited her new prisoner.

Bones clattered some of the cells, some blood splattering on the walls and some were just there.

"Adelmo,"

The fool king lifted his head to face her, his body quivering just at the sight of her, and his eyes showing fear.

"Would you like to be free?" She asked, only once, only once will this offer stand. A once in a lifetime opportunity.

He gulped, eyes narrowing. "What's the catch?"

"Death." Her malicious grin only made it worse. "I'll see you at sundown."

••

WISPS OF SMOKE were released from his lips after he released his breath upon arriving in front of the humongous, stone walls and wooden gates; the entrance of the city.

A journey to the way there certainly took weeks even with his power helping him, the place was meant to be hidden. Only the lucky few are able to find its location. But none came out alive.