Day 5- evaluation

"Ignore me and do what you always do. I won't be here the whole time, only until I feel I've seen enough." Namjoon says with no hint of humour in his tone.

Jungkook stands outside the, one and only lane 6, Lisa next to him and his swimmers patiently waiting in the water.

He had prepared himself all night for this evaluation, hoping everything would go well.

Jungkook had filtered out everything in his mind that would affect him like his mother, Jimin and Taehyung.

All that's left is just him and his coaching skills.

So Jungkook starts the swimmers with a 300m warm up, not looking at Taehyung once as he explains it.

Namjoon stands next to him and Lisa, clipboard in hand as he watches Jungkook speak.

It's a little nerve racking when Jungkook see's the older man staring at him and not at the swimmers, not even once.

~

When warmup finishes, Jungkook is all set to start the practise. He's written his ideal practise on the whiteboard and begins to explain it.

Everyone had told him to set up a hard practise. Jungkook was iffy at first but he knows for the most part that some of his swimmers are capable. Maybe.

"After doing the 4x50 sprints, you'll have 300m of pull." Jungkook says, continuing to avoid eye contact with Taehyung, who seems to be looking up at him.

However once Taehyung finishes the 4x50 sprints, he slams the wall hard and Jungkook can't help but sneak a glance.

The boy is breathing heavily, chest rising up and down quickly as he pulls his goggles of his eyes. He licks his lips slowly and Jungkook quickly diverts his eyes back up before he starts to get distracted.

"Alright great job everyone! Now that you've had a 30 second break, let's start the 300m pull." Jungkook says enthusiastically so that his swimmers won't look so tired.

He sits down on the block as they start the pull. Namjoon continues to take notes, scribbling quite a few things on his board. It's impossible to tell what he's thinking as he writes, so Jungkook doesn't even try to assume he's writing good things.

Halfway through the pull, Jungkook notices something strange. Jackson passes Taehyung and starts to swim in back of Yoongi. Of course Taehyung was never great at pull, but Jackson was never better.

Jungkook keeps a lookout for the boy, who seemingly slows down quite a bit during his laps. He takes a breath almost every stroke, unlike everyone else.

"How many laps do they have left?" Lisa asks the lifeguard, watching Taehyung slow behind.

"There's still 6 laps left." Jungkook says less confidently causing Namjoon to look up for a second.

Jungkook's eyes squint to the tanned swimmer once more, noticing him going even slower than before. His arms barely bring him anywhere.

The lifeguard stands up from the block he was sitting on, sweat dripping down his face. What's wrong with Taehyung? Why is he slowing down? Why did Hoseok just pass him.

"Jungkook-ah, I think something's wrong with Taehyung." Lisa says quietly so only he can hear. Jungkook turns to face her, seeing a worried expression on her face.

He turns back to see Taehyung just touching the wall on the other side of the pool. It's deep there so he can't reach the bottom to take a break and that worries Jungkook.

Instead of staying at the wall for a little longer, Taehyung pushes off, behind everyone, and continues to swim, his cheeks tomato red.

"When he gets to this wall I'll ask him what's wrong." Jungkook says to Lisa. She just nods and continues to watch the boy carefully.