Chamber of Secrets

Draco's letter couldn't come soon enough. In reality she had only been at the Dursleys for three weeks before the letter came, but it felt like eternity. If Uncle Vernon had been bad before, it was nothing compared to how he is now. He hardly even let Vanessa and Harry leave their room. And all their school things have been locked away in the cupboard under the stairs. 

And things were very strained between the twins. The first few days they hardly even spoke a word to one another. Even now it is no more than a few words at a time. 

The day was particularly dull, Vanessa had nothing new to read and nothing to do. She was rereading a book when she heard a tap against the bedroom window. Both her and Harry's heads snap up to look at the source. She hops up quickly when she sees that it's an eagle owl, Draco's owl. Harry looks disappointed but Vanessa is excited. She opens the window and takes the letter from its beak. The owls flies in and sits atop Nox's cage, which is padlocked shut, poor thing. Vanessa opens the letter quickly. 

Vanessa,

Sorry this letter took longer than expected. But I'm writing to tell you that in three days my parents and I shall be coming to pick you up.  

Be sure to pack all the things you'll be needing as my parents won't be taking you back.  

Do write back to confirm the plans. And let us know if we will have to take you by force or if the Muggles are going to allow you to come. 

-Draco

Vanessa grins widely and skips out of their room. Harry stares after her but says nothing. 

"Uncle Vernon," she says softly, stepping into the living room. 

"What do you want, girl?" He growls, not looking away from the tv. 

"A friend of mine has written, asking for me to stay for the summer. Is that okay?" She asks. He huffs, not saying anything. 

"They will be coming here to get me." She adds. 

"HERE?!" He roars suddenly, glaring at her. "I DONT WANT YOUR BLOODY KIND COMING HERE!" His face gets red as he thinks about "her kind" coming to his house. 

"Uncle Vernon, they will only be here for a moment to fetch me," Vanessa squeaks. Uncle Vernon fumes, but says nothing more. Vanessa quickly turns and heads back upstairs to her room. 

"You're still going to hang around that good for nothing, self centered, git?" Harry demands as she walks in.

"Don't tell me your friends are completely perfect." She snaps. "Besides, don't be getting mad at me because they aren't writing you." 

"At least my friends aren't bullies." Harry frowns, no doubt upset about her mentioning the fact he hasn't received a single letter from his friends. Vanessa ignores him and grabs a sheet of parchment and a pen, quickly scribbling back a reply for Draco.

"He is just going to get you into trouble, but you don't care. That's what Slytherins are all about." Harry adds. Vanessa clenches her teeth and moves to the eagle owl, holding the letter out to him. The owl takes it in his beak and shoots off out the window. She hopes her aunt and uncle don't see the owl fly off. 

"You better shut your mouth before  you say something you will regret." Vanessa turns to him, looking angry. "And if you were insult my House again I will hit you." She glares at him, clenching her fist.

The next three days are agony. Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia are absolutely horrid toward Vanessa and Harry. Finally the day arrives when Vanessa is to leave. They're all sitting at breakfast when Vanessa clears her throat softly. Uncle Vernon glares at her but says nothing.