Repeat

Words:(1102)

Simon

(3 months later)

"I'll be fine." I mumble in annoyance as JJ helps me with my bags, "Besides, I'll be with Nick the whole time."

This doesn't make JJ calm down as he leads me to my train number, Nick already waiting against a stone pillar. He isn't facing us, his eyes distracted by something on his phone, giving me some time to take care of JJ. I take the chance to spin around, halting JJ and placing my hands along his chest. He stares at me with confusion, gently placing his palm along my waist. I only shake my head as his eyes continue to pace around the station before him. Grabbing his cheeks, I force him to look at me, dark brown meeting ocean blue.

"I'll only be gone for a couple days. I'll text you when I get to Hertfordshire. Just- please, calm down.." I whisper, shutting my eyes and placing my head against his. "I'm going to be okay.."

He lets out a lengthy breath before wrapping his arms over the small of my back. "Okay.."

Smiling sadly, he places a small peck along my lips and leads me over to where Nick is waiting rather impatiently. He watches the trains go by, his foot tapping rapidly and nails scratching his skin. I sneak up from around the corner, causing him to jump a bit but nevertheless pulls me into an embrace. Jide watches a he hands me my ticket, informing me that we are the next train pulling in. I give JJ one more smile, him returning it weakly before panning his eyes over the ceiling above us.

"So, are you excited?" Nick asks, nudging my arm with his elbow. I let out a dramatic shrug, following JJ's actions as I stare at the patterns formed in the ceiling above me. "Nervous- definitely nervous- but nonetheless excited.."

"You don't have anything to worry about bro, you're the only thing she talks about these days. Just think of the home cooked meals!" Nick shouts, flinging his arms around dramatically. I only laugh, grabbing JJ's hand as time goes on and my anxiety rises. "Yeah.. and Herbie" I state, remembering the night I had to leave my furry friend for good.

"Good ole' Herb is as dumb as ever! Bet that dog will expect you to play catch with them the second you walk through that door!" He says nervously as I lean my head against JJ's shoulder. I see our train nearing, my stomach dropping with fear.

It's JJ's turn to comfort me as me spins me around, grabbing me by my shoulders. "Come home safe, okay?" He whispers, kissing the top of my head tenderly. I nod, placing my lips onto his and wrapping my arms around his neck. It isn't until I hear Nick let out an awkward cough that I pull away, letting out a quiet apology and wrapping JJ up in a tight embrace.

"I love you." I whisper, giving him a light squeeze as my head stays still along his chest.

"Love you too," JJ responds before pulling me away and handing me my backpack, "Your train is here." I spin around, noticing the mass of bodies piling on the train in front of me. Nick nods his way over to our ride, walking off to the pile tourists. I give JJ one last glare before running off with Nick into the chaos of people, making sure my ticket is still in hand. It doesn't take long before our tickets are collected and we are shown to our seating, the tall buildings of London turning into the vast plain of the countryside.

________________________________________________________________________________

"We will be arriving at Hertfordshire in 10 minutes. Please gather all of your belongings now and prepare to leave out of the second exit. Thank you."

I pull my earbuds out, watching as the men and women around me gather their children's toys, whines erupting left and right at the action. This is the exact train I took to London that night; it definitely doesn't feel that way though. The cubicle is full of families coming back home from London, everyone sipping coffee due to the early hour. The night I left was nearly midnight, men in suits littered the seats. I remember how out of place I felt that night, I was. This feels nice though, being with family, seeing everyone's faces light up at the sight of their hometown. It's a feeling you can't describe.

"Look," Nick says, pointing out of the window to the familiar field in front of us. It's a football pitch. I used to play there every Sunday with my league, showing off my skills until age 17. I smile lightly, remembering the fond memories the pitch brought me. Nick grins at my reaction, watching as the train nears the station. We come to a complete stop, the intercom urging us to take the second exit as bodies begin to squeeze out of the small space.

Nick picks up his bag, offering me a hand as I look out at the world in front of me. "are you ready?"

I take one last look out to the place that holds such fond but cruel memories, my face filled with determination. "I'm ready."

________________________________________________________________________________

"God mom is going to be so happy, you should hear the things she said on the phone I'm so-"

I block out Nick's rambling as we walk through the park that leads to my house, the same one I collapsed onto when I couldn't run any longer. Everything seems more innocent in morning, but the darkness still lurks around the brightest places.

I stop spacing out when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, pulling it out to reveal a text from JJ.

Jide: Are you okay?

I smile a bit, replying and making sure not to bump into anyone walking along the pathway.

Si: I'm alright, we're almost there.

Jide: Nervous?

Si: Not really. It just feels like I'm coming home.

Jide: I'm so fucking proud of you.

I pause a bit, my finger hovering over the send button and grinning ear to ear. I finally hit send, looking up to realize Nick has left me in the dust. "Nick, wait up!"

Si: Me too.

________________________________________________________________________________

That's all my dudes, I start school again in two days. Idk when I'll make another story, but I'll tell you who YOU CAN READ.

ANYONE IN MY READING LIST IS SO GOOOOOOoOOOOOoooooOOD

Now that I have that out of my system, you can follow me on ig://cal.pringles - and bYE.