Register

Words:(1752)

I wake up alone, an indention in the bed where a body used to lay. My memory from last night is fuzzy, the last memory being JJ telling me his list of degrading rules. I let out a silent yawn before taking in my familiar surroundings. The room is still dark and has a cold aura to it, but I have grown to love the feeling. It is sinister, but it feels safer then when he is here. I stand from the messy bed, fixing it in the process, before walking around the perimeter of the room. The last few days were settling in, now I need to find any way to get out. I know JJ didn't come back until midnight last night, meaning he probably won't be back until later..

I check the top of the front tables, finding a couple of pots and mirrors that could do damage. I shrug off the idea, knowing it is too risky to try. He's way stronger than me, he would be able to take it from me in a heartbeat. It is still an option though..

I trace my fingers along the sheer computer desk, opening a few drawers to reveal nothing but batteries and an abundance of controllers. They're specially designed, each one a different color and design. A bright red one catches my eye as I lift it up, flipping it around to the back. The three letters "K-S-I" are imprinted on the back in big, bold letters. I drop the controller back into its drawer after realizing it is nothing of use.

I let out a humph of defeat before moving on to his clothing drawers. I lift each individual shirt, trying my best to leave no trace, but once again finding nothing but expensive tops and a couple of watches. Besides my bad luck, I do take note of the four letters scattered over many of the tops I search.

'S-D-M-N..' I whisper, tracing my finger across the bold letters. I have no idea what it stands for, but it must be important if half of his wardrobe has the letters on it. I drop the top, shutting the drawer in the process and looking for a light switch. I find it in the corner of the room, gladly flicking it up as the scattered lights fill the entire room with brightness. I flinch, adjusting my eyes to the light, before walking back over to the side of the bed.

There is a plate of breakfast on the table closest to the bed, along with a note scribbled onto a neon sticky note. I lift up the note and squint as I struggle to read the messy handwriting.

'Eat. You can use the TV if you want, it is connected to Netflix only. All of your toiletries are in the bathroom. -J'

I grab the plate before leaning my back against the headboard of the large bed. Not only do I want to follow JJ's rules, but I can't ignore the grumbling in my stomach forever. I grab the remote, turning it on to reveal Netflix's loading screen. I silently thank God seeing the time in the corner of the screen read '1:00PM'. It feels like hell not knowing if it's day or night outside. Even a slit of sunlight would cure me from my anxiety, but that isn't an option. I press on a random show before finishing my plate of freshly cooked food.

________________________________________________________________________________

After five episodes and a whole meal, the air in the room becomes thicker as voices echo in an out of the TV's audio. I turn down the volume, hearing the sound of someone talking- no, screaming from a lower level of the house. I sit up, scrambling to the door in hope to overhear a few words. I sit against the door, the sound of JJ's screaming going on for miles.

I can't comprehend much, but I do catch onto a few words.

"Fuck ------- Shot ------- Minter!" I flinch, now knowing the topic of their discussion. What about me though? I lean my head against the door, hoping to hear something, anything. Yet its useless, the only sound heard being muffled screams throughout the halls behind the oak door. I perk up at the sound of footsteps, quickly sprinting to the bed in fear, acting as if I am halfway through a show.