Regret

Words:(2076)

Simon

The ride back was tranquil, the only noise being the faint echo of rap on the radio. I lean my head against the cool glass of JJ's tinted windows, watching the signs of unfamiliar street names pass my vision. I squint harder as we pass the signs to a main highway, only for every exit to end up in London. I lean back in my seat in annoyance, wishing I had some reassurance of where I was. The only thing I know is that their house is in a nice, secluded neighborhood. This was not helpful though.. It only showed that I am under higher security. It wasn't like I was going to try anything anyways... They were giving me a place to stay and it's way better than back home.

I just hope Nick isn't worried...

I shake my head and mentally slap myself even thinking of that possibility. Nick is in a literal gang. If JJ is telling me the truth, he has blood on his hands. He gave me the money, now look at me. Although, JJ has probably done some damage too..

I stare down at my covered wrist, pulling up my hoodie to reveal a greyish-purple bruise. I try to move it, only for a wince of pain to escape my mouth and my wrist to remain still. I feel my mood drop and eyes lower, knowing I have had worse.

"Do.. you want me to wrap that when we get back," JJ says, taking his eyes off the road to inspect the state of my arm. I keep my eyes lowered, and nod lightly against the leather material of the seat. He nods in response, taking one hand off of the wheel to grab my hand and rub his finger against the sensitive skin running along my veins. It wasn't rough enough to hurt; it was only enough to make me relax the whole way home. I curl up in the seat as JJ drives through endless back roads, feeling tired from tonight's events. I kick my knees up to my chest - not caring if JJ didn't want my feet on his seats - and stretch my arm out further for JJ to hold on to.

As I shut my eyes, my mind wanders back to Nick. He should've told me.. Maybe I wouldn't be in the situation I am in if he did. I can't blame him fully though, most of it was my fault. I shouldn't have wandered London at night; I should've asked the woman on the train for directions. I should've done a lot of things...

But I didn't..

After a while of daydreaming, I feel a hand on my shoulder gently shake me. I stir before opening my eyes to reveal JJ watching me from the drivers side of the car. We are parked in the garage, the reflection of the sunset lighting up the room.

"Come on, we are at the house," He says, opening his door and jumping out. I do the same, jumping as the door opens diagonally up to the air. I jump out, shutting the door in awe as JJ watches my amazement with the car. My face reddens as I notice him watching me. He only lets out a quiet laugh, and grabs my hand to lead me through the house. I have a better chance to check out the rooms since I am no longer in a rush.

He walks to the kitchen, grabbing two beers out of the fridge before making his way back up the stairwell. He loosens his grip on my hand until we are fully separated, him rushing up the stairs two steps at a time. I try to keep up, my height being the only thing helping me. He urges me to follow as we pass the empty hallway once again until we make it into the circular hall that contains his room. Before we can enter the room, the sound of another door erupts causing JJ to stop in his tracks. He stays quiet, his eyes fixated in front of him.

A shorter man leaves the room two doors away from JJ's - he has a rounder face with curly brown hair. He notices JJ, letting a smirk appear on his face and making his way towards him.

"JJ!" He yells before patting JJ on the back. He only stays quiet, his eyes roaming everywhere but the man next to him. His voice was familiar.. It was one of the voices from the night I was taken. He was one of the ones that fought over me. JJ protected me from him..