The visit

Anastasia's P.O.V

Today is the day after my unfortunate encounter with Maxwell's unpleasant mother.

I knew he had warned me but with my caring attitude, I thought I could actually change her outlook on me.

For some reason, I wanted her to admire me.

But boy was I wrong.

As I went down stairs, I saw my uncle and my mother talking.

Why is my father's brother here?

"Is his daughter too! And he wants to see his daughter. He wants her to meet his family "

"Then why didn't he come here to tell her, himself. I have no problem with William seeing Anastasia. The problem is, does she want to meet William and his new family? Anastasia has went through a lot of emotional trauma since William left us. And I believe that she needs time to prepare to see her father, nevertheless; his family." My mother said.

"I guess you're right. But please talk to my niece. Let her know that William is truly sorry about abruptly leaving 2 years ago and he wants to rekindle back the relationship he had with her."

"Okay. Bye Tom."

"Hi Mom" I said awkwardly, pretending to not have heard their conversation about me.

"Hey Anne. I heard you work for Frank DeGeneris' son. I know his father. I'm guessing you heard your mother and I talking about you. Your father really wants to see you. Give him a chance to make it up to you?"

" I understand, uncle Tom. I will see tonight. "

"Okay Anne. Thank you. I will be leaving now."

"Bye." I said

An hour later.......

"Sweetie you don't have to go, if you don't want to." She said.

"I wanna go, but I have a favour to ask. Will you come with me?"

"Of course sweetie. I have no problem. Well, we better get ready then." She smiled, before leaving to prepare.

6:00pm.....

We made our way into my mini Cooper to go and 30 minutes later we had reached my father's Mansion.

We rang the bell and a woman who I'm guessing was my father's wife met us.

"You guys must be Anastasia and Elizabeth. Nice to meet you. I'm Deborah"

"Hi Deborah. Nice to meet you." My mother said, as I wasn't interested in meeting this woman.

"Oh! Anna and Elizabeth . I have seen you met Deborah." My father said smiling.

The whole time I had a scowl on my face and my mother nudged me to smile.

"Hello, William. Is nice to see you again." My mother smiled.

Why was she being nice to my father after all he has put us through.

"We sat down and Deborah served us the food. My mother was talking to Deborah like they've been friends forever. While my father kept staring at me.

"Don't like lasagna, Anna?"
"Anna. Anna! Anastasia. For God's sakes I'm speaking to you!."

This now caught my mother and Deborah's attention.

I had had it up to here with pretending to be happy with my father. It has been two years but the pain was still raw.

"You know what? I have something to say. Dad, you think that after leaving me and my mother alone for 2 years. Almost making it to homelessness because of poverty, you can later just swoon back into our lives when we finally are stable? If that's what you thought, then you're more pathetic than I thought. An-" I spat out.

"Anna-" My mother tried to stop me.

" No Mom! I'm not going to sit here and act like the pat two years was rainbows and sunshine. He needs to know that we struggled!"

"Anastasia, I know that I hurt you immensily when I left. I'm trying to make it up to you. Please." My father said.

" Well, is too late to make it right now!" I said exiting the house, still fuming with anger.

As I was walking, a car passed. But then it stopped and reversed.

"Anastasia?"

It was Maxwell!

"Why are you crying?"

I touched my face and realized that I had been crying.

" Come on. I will give you a ride home."

"Thank you".

"Now tell me why you're crying?"

Well, I had to tell someone.

" Well, My father invited us to visit and I might have caused a scene." I said feeling embarrassed now.

"What happened ?"

"My father left us two years ago and we were almost homeless. And then he feels like he can just come back in our lives and everything will be fine and dandy!"

" well, I'm really sorry. And I understand what you're feeling. You can take an off tomorrow, if you need to."

"No, I can come tomorrow."

"Well, we have reached your house."

He stepped out the car and led me to my house.

As I was going in, he stopped me.

" Hey, Anastasia?"

"Ye-"

Maxwell kissed me on the cheek.

"Good night"

With that, he got into his car and left.

I was left in daze and felt my cheek tingling.

How can he make everything better by just being with me?

Author's Note:
2.60k+ reads and over 150 votes!
Thank you!
Let's try to get this story to 3k reads by the next update!

Question: What would you do in Anastasia's state? Would you welcome your father or not?

Don't forget to read, vote,comment and share.
XOXO-C.A.A